Lensrentals.com repair data Jan-Jul 2012

Oct 9, 1999
my repair guy in downtown has been complaining that nikon is holding parts hostage and not selling parts to 3rd party repair places to fix lenses or camera stuff. Infact before he had a PO account, now they force him to pay upfront by CC and then take eons to send parts.

He claims nikon is on its way down, he showed me some parts invoices that came through another company that was fullfilling them. He is happier with canon at this point ..

http://www.walterscamerarepairs.com/ is my camera repair guy. Extremely honest, great guy.

Last edited:

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
my repair guy in downtown has been complaining that nikon is holding parts hostage and not selling parts to 3rd party repair places to fix lenses or camera stuff. Infact before he had a PO account, now they force him to pay upfront by CC and then take eons to send parts.

He claims nikon is on its way down, he showed me some parts invoices that came through another company that was fullfilling them. He is happier with canon at this point ..

http://www.walterscamerarepairs.com/ is my camera repair guy. Extremely honest, great guy.

Nikon has been releasing some great gear recently and selling tons of it. No way are they "on their way down"

Ok so they are screwing the 3rd party repair guys and making you send repairs to them. Understandably he is upset with them.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
If anything Canon is on its way down. Maybe the reason why Nikon queues are expanding is due to the third party repair guys losing business to the official guys, coupled with an overall increase in sales by Nikon. If you look at market share among interchangeable-lens cameras over the last few years, Canon has lost a big chunk of share, Nikon has more or less held steady, and Sony, Oly, and Panasonic have gained at Canon's expense.

iGas

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2009
If anything Canon is on its way down. Maybe the reason why Nikon queues are expanding is due to the third party repair guys losing business to the official guys, coupled with an overall increase in sales by Nikon. If you look at market share among interchangeable-lens cameras over the last few years, Canon has lost a big chunk of share, Nikon has more or less held steady, and Sony, Oly, and Panasonic have gained at Canon's expense.
It would be great if that is the case...it would be a win for the consumer.

I would love to see Sony/Konika/Minolta, Pentax, Olympus, Yashika, Mamiya, Bronika, Hasselblad, and Fuji jump right back into the fight, as well as the new kid on the block Sigma.

Last edited:

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000

Wow cool this guy is literally a 15 minute walk from my place.