"LEGO Universe" (MMO) to be a million times larger than Star Wars Lego game.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I grew up on Legos, so I am very interested in video games based on them.

Personally, I prefer the graphics if toy story type stuff over Crysis. Now, that doesn't mean I don't think Crysis is brilliant, but I am far more into the MDK2, Alice In Wonderland and Lego type graphics. They are fun, and pretty in their own way.

MDK2 and Alice in Wonderland were some brilliant graphics as far as I am concerned and Lego Star Wars is ranked right up there with them, IMO.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: CP5670
Originally posted by: BlinderBomber
This would seem to be the perfect game for me (see sig), but I don't care for MMO gameplay and hate anything with monthly fees. :p

*head asplodes*

virtually live among each of the thousands of LEGO sets that have been created over the years.

I wonder how far back that goes. As someone else said earlier, having all the old space stuff may alone make it worthwhile.

I always wanted that spaceship you have (the huge green one).

I LOVED the Lego space stuff. So much cooler than anything else they ever made.

That one is my own design, but I know what you're talking about as the basic shape is the same as this official set.

They stopped making space in 1999 to avoid competing with the Star Wars stuff. :(

I think they make mars exploration sets.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
You may like legos, but liking and seeing you actually toss $15 a month is another thing.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Throckmorton
That one is my own design, but I know what you're talking about as the basic shape is the same as this official set.

They stopped making space in 1999 to avoid competing with the Star Wars stuff. :(

I think they make mars exploration sets.

Yes, that was a new line they introduced only last summer. The sets have some flaws but it's certainly been a step in the right direction. It's hard to say whether it will be a one-off though or something they will continue with in the future. The entire space line lasted a good 20 years the last time around.

You may like legos, but liking and seeing you actually toss $15 a month is another thing.

I spend rather more than that on the actual bricks. It's a hobby for me.

Although as I said earlier, I don't like monthly fees in games of any kind either.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
If they let me toy around with the old Castle sets, I'm all in.

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
Wait, an MMO for kids? Sounds like blizzard is trying to addict kids to MMOs at a younger age so they'll start paying for WOW faster....