Legit and cheap Win 7 Pro key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Where can I get one?

Someone recommended me this site and the price is good enough for me, how can I find out if it's legit? can someone recommend a place with similar prices that you can vouch for?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
WTF?!

Try this site for something better...

http://www.linuxmint.com/

Otherwise, if I were inclined to use pirated software, I certainly wouldn't pay for it.

--------------------
Edited: Referral to specific Pirated sites is unacceptable.

Jack Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Yeah I wouldn't pay for pirated software like in those links. You might as well get a loader and torrent it like lxskllr said.

The cheapest you're going to find a legit key for Win7 is at a reputable store like Amazon or Newegg.

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
Yap the site is here.

Domain Name: WINDOWS7ANYTIMEKEY.COM
Registrar: SHANGHAI YOVOLE NETWORKS INC.
Whois Server: whois.yovole.com
Referral URL: http://www.yovole.com
Name Server: F1G1NS1.DNSPOD.NET
Name Server: F1G1NS2.DNSPOD.NET

-----------------------
Make you wonder how such smart people that are capable to make such magic and sell Windows 7 for a price of fast food meal

Sit in SHANGHAI instead of having a mansion in Beverly Hills.

:cool:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Last edited:

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
This is pretty much the cheapest you are going to find an actual legitimate Windows 7 Professional license. Or this if you want full retail instead of OEM.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
You do realize that's an obvious scam site, right?

The guy that created that site apparently owns about 850 other scam domain names as well. I hope you used a single-use disposable credit/debit card for that purchase! (and be prepared to buy a real license key once Microsoft shuts down the illegitimate key you are using now...)
http://whois.domaintools.com/windows8key-sale.com

I dont think MS will ever catch on. Thise keys are legit, they were just never meant for resale. There are probably hundreds of thousands of them out there, how would MS know they were resold?

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
I dont think MS will ever catch on. Thise keys are legit, they were just never meant for resale. There are probably hundreds of thousands of them out there, how would MS know they were resold?

Nah, they are either generated by hackers and will not pass prolong Activation, or the seller bought few legit keys and simply sell the same few keys to hundreds of "Wishfull (and not so smart) thinkers".

After a while the existence of these duplicate keys is registered on the Activation severer and eventually they get deleted from the server data base and Windows suddenly comes with the fraud screen.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Asking Microsoft directly is probably the better option. I'd never buy a key from anywhere that's not a major reputable site myself.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Best bet is to find a reseller who is dealing in some surplus OEM royalty branded discs with keycode and COA. Its 100% "genuine" (i.e. the entire product with key and COA was authorized by MS, just not for public resale but rather for an OEM to ship with their computers or to their own direct customers). They're not a lot cheaper but I've had pretty good luck in this market. Check Pricegrabber.com.

gripenq7

Jan 4, 2013
Wow! I never knew that there are so many scam sites selling these keys. Do they scrape the keys off of computers belonging to busineses or what? I hardly believe that they gained access to something from MS.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
Nah, they are either generated by hackers and will not pass prolong Activation, or the seller bought few legit keys and simply sell the same few keys to hundreds of "Wishfull (and not so smart) thinkers".

After a while the existence of these duplicate keys is registered on the Activation severer and eventually they get deleted from the server data base and Windows suddenly comes with the fraud screen.

No, tbey're genuine keys, from academics, volume keys, or any one of a dozen outlets that MS gives out free keys to on the explicit order not to resell them. But if they sell em & activate em, they pass off as genuine.

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Cheapest legit way is to get it through your employer or educational institution, or with a computer you're buying. Don't think there are too many other "legit" ways. If all you're concerned with is not getting any activation issues, there are of course a number of ways to go about that. In my case I just upgraded to Win8 since it was so cheap right from MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.