Legalize all Hard drugs (including Meth etc..) Via special drug dens.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
Make it 100% legal and 100% free as well. But in order to do the drugs you have to have to check into a government run drug den. You can do unlimited quantities and you can only check out if you stopped doing drugs for 72 hours.

Now those who die from the drugs get placed on a conveyor belt and sent to the incinerator. The heat generated from the incinerator would power up the facilities maybe even part of the town as well.

This would save billions in taxes for several reasons.

#1 It ends the expensive war on drugs.
#2 It will drop the prison population by quite a bit.
#3 The death rate in the drug dens would provide bodies to power the facilities and potentially parts of the city. (renewable energy)
#4 It will provide a passive Eugenics program, by slowly removing low quality stock from the population.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
And why would the drug dens be cheaper than prisons?

When you get rid of the Drug trade and related crime you lower the overall prison population. The only people in the Drug den would be the end users themselves.

Also It cuts the cost of enforcing drug laws, arrests,processing,etc.. all this adds overhead.

And also in addition to those cost savings you get energy provided by the deaths of those in the government drug den as they are dropped en masse into the incinerators to provide power.

Also in addition as you cull the low quality stock from the human population you will get less drug addicts in the future.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Also in addition as you cull the low quality stock from the human population you will get less drug addicts in the future.

Cool, can we make death dens for people that make retarded internet post too? Imagine if we could cull the low quality stock like people that come up with ideas like "free, government run drug dens", it would be amazing!!!

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Make it 100% legal and 100% free as well. But in order to do the drugs you have to have to check into a government run drug den. You can do unlimited quantities and you can only check out if you stopped doing drugs for 72 hours.

Now those who die from the drugs get placed on a conveyor belt and sent to the incinerator. The heat generated from the incinerator would power up the facilities maybe even part of the town as well.

This would save billions in taxes for several reasons.

#1 It ends the expensive war on drugs.
#2 It will drop the prison population by quite a bit.
#3 The death rate in the drug dens would provide bodies to power the facilities and potentially parts of the city. (renewable energy)
#4 It will provide a passive Eugenics program, by slowly removing low quality stock from the population.

right....

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
That's a ridiculous idea.
If we didn't have drug addicts on our streets who would we point to and laugh at?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Cool, can we make death dens for people that make retarded internet post too? Imagine if we could cull the low quality stock like people that come up with ideas like "free, government run drug dens", it would be amazing!!!

Great idea, you'd be the first participant :D

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i've seen this as a serious proposition before. no incineration bit and things. there's not many really hard core drug users out there so it really would be cheaper to just provide it to them in some sort of colony than to spend a bunch of cash fighting an enemy with tons of cash itself.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Make it 100% legal and 100% free as well. But in order to do the drugs you have to have to check into a government run drug den

I had an idea like this, but it was specific to heroin. People would go to the free heroin clinic and they would stay there forever instead of hanging out around my place in the ghetto. They would be free to leave at any time, but why leave? There's free heroin, bro. They would stay that, starve to death, and society's problems would disappear.

Wrong forum. This should go in the Dumb Idiotic Ideas forum.
Also known as P&N :hmm:

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
I'm not certain, but I'm guessing running an incinerator to burn corpses is not an energy positive transaction. You could probably make it cost less by harnessing the heat, but I doubt you'd be generating more energy than lost from it.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
I'm not certain, but I'm guessing running an incinerator to burn corpses is not an energy positive transaction. You could probably make it cost less by harnessing the heat, but I doubt you'd be generating more energy than lost from it.
Cover the bodies in salt then put on them on the roof to dry out. Once all the water is gone, it should be energy positive.

It also works with extremely obese people. Fat has a lot of energy in it, and incinerating fat people has shown to be a problem.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...se-woman-body-fat-set-building-cremation.html

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Cover the bodies in salt then put on them on the roof to dry out. Once all the water is gone, it should be energy positive.

It also works with extremely obese people. Fat has a lot of energy in it, and incinerating fat people has shown to be a problem.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...se-woman-body-fat-set-building-cremation.html

I'm still doubting it'd be energy positive and now you're bringing external materials and extra processing time. I'm pretty sure the amount of energy created in the burning corpse isn't a magnitude close to the energy put into burning it so what you can get out of it just isn't going to make up for all the energy lost running it. Not to mention starting up and down the incinerator would murder your efficiency, and I doubt they're going to have a constant supply of corpses to make it worth always keeping it running. Trying to centralize corpse collection/burning to get enough supply would involve additional logistics and energy spent in transport.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
You've overlooked one huge fact that Prisons are profitable enterprises. As an industry it is a multibillion dollar business. If Big money isn't involved its a pipe dream.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Assuming that the underlying premise is fine (legalization), why would you want to concentrate them in one place? Why not make it legal (again) to order a nondescript package from the Bayer corporation with the required syringes and heroin instead of setting up a quasi-legal location run by the government?

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Make them legal, but 50% of the revenue must go toward anti-drug ads, that aren't stupid.

Such as drugs make you an uncool looser with no job or girlfriend.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
You should add a hamster wheel. Every mile you turn the wheel, you get more drugs. You get free energy that way too (no food supplied)