Legal question...problem neighbors

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I have been having neighbor problems for the past year/year and a half. Mostly minor stuff, running over my garbage cans, stealing them, trying to piggy back thier trash with mine, moving items in my yard that they percive to be too close to thier property line, parking thier vehicles in front of my home etc.

Anyway, I decided to invest in a few secutrity cameras and have them recording and they are aware...funny thing is the wife (who looks like a bull elephant) does stupid stuff like wave at the camera, hang around the side of the house where one is located (They have no idea about the others) obviously trying to show some kind of defiance...which is fine if they know it's there and continue to do stuff it will make things that much easier when I get a restraining order.....yes the police have made several reports...and they are well aware of these peoples reputation from similar incidents they have had with other people.

My main question:

What, if any legal ramifications are there if I decide to put up a website dedicated to them and thier idiot ways and put these videos up for people to watch?

If you are wondering, I used to be friends with them, but over time with work and school, I hung out with them less and less and eventually not at all and they took it personal.....one day I kindly asked them to move thier car from my property and the wife launches into some tirade about how ungrateful I am about all they have done for me and that the reason I quit hanging with them is because I am on drugs...WTF?! (Her husband is a pr0n fiend and was always asking me to fix the computer because he got infected with some virus from too many pr0n downloads.....)

Apr 17, 2003
usually you need the consent of the person you are portraying so at the very least, they can get an injucntion to force you to take the site down

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
If the videos only show them on your property then you're clear. If they show them on their property in areas that are clearly visible from the street, you're clear. If they show them in any place where they might reasonably expect privacy, then you're iffy at best.

ZV

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
If the videos only show them on your property then you're clear. If they show them on their property in areas that are clearly visible from the street, you're clear. If they show them in any place where they might reasonably expect privacy, then you're iffy at best.

ZV

ok, thts' what I thought too....most of thier shenanigans take place out in the open, in thier front yard, driveway, front porch etc.

They let thier mutt run around and crap in other peoples yards and get root around in the trash on trash night...I think I'll call the animal control officer and get them fined for no leash or license....

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
just film your property and the street and your fine. do not have any part of their property in your recordings.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
If wealthy celebraties cannot stop the paparazzi, I don't see what chance your neighbors have stopping you.