Left arm pain when using the Logitech G13.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I've had the G13 for about 8 months now, and about a month ago I stated to experience left arm pain from extended use. I took a break from gaming and jumped back in over the weekend. I used the keyboard on the laptop and everything seemed fine. A little pain but not much. Fired up the G13 and I couldn't play more than 30 minutes before the shooting pain came back.

My guess is when I went heavy with Skyrim I'd play for hours on the G13 and that is where I developed this issue. In the beginning I had ZERO issues playing for hours. It's just now. I can even feel it when I'm in the gym. Anyone else experience this? Maybe not with my device but with gaming in general? Carpal tunnel syndrome from extended playing? Shooting pain in the back, hands or arm?

Thanks.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Have had pain in my mouse hand about 10 years ago. I would basically use a mouse 8h a day at work (5 days a week) and then up to 50 hours a week at home gaming.

When it kept getting worse I took gaming down a notch a while and taught myself to use a mouse with my other hand at work. The pain subsided and has not returned since.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I switched to using a track ball at work, since then my arm pains have vanished. As I game a lot when I am at home.

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
Never had arm pain from using mouse, but I start having wrist pain a few yrs ago, that's when I started trying vertical mouse, and haven't had wrist pain since.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Never had arm pain from using mouse, but I start having wrist pain a few yrs ago, that's when I started trying vertical mouse, and haven't had wrist pain since.

I have several coworkers that use those and love them. I just could not get used to it. I typical use a modified claw grip on my mice, and my arm doesn't really move at all. So a lot of stress on my wrist. Using a track ball at work stopped all wrist movement, and since then I have been pain free.

To the OP, also take note of your posture, and has a big impact on arm pain. Also make sure your chair to height ratio is correct.

Dranoche

Jul 6, 2009
To the OP, also take note of your posture, and has a big impact on arm pain. Also make sure your chair to height ratio is correct.

I would guess this as well. It's possible it's been building and has just now gone over the edge so that it's constantly there. You say you're using it with a laptop - is it perhaps too far to the side? This is one of the reasons I went with a tenkeyless keyboard not too long ago for gaming. Long sessions with one arm stretched out to one side was either causing issues or exacerbating issues from something else. Cutting that 3.5-4 inches out of the middle and bringing my hands back in that little bit helped.

Another possibility is that you've been sleeping on your arm in a way lately that is causing some issues. I know the symptoms now after waking up in the middle of the night once with my forearm pinned under my ribs, but the first time it really caused issues for me I kept looking at other things like gaming as the source.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I have several coworkers that use those and love them. I just could not get used to it. I typical use a modified claw grip on my mice, and my arm doesn't really move at all. So a lot of stress on my wrist. Using a track ball at work stopped all wrist movement, and since then I have been pain free.

I leveled my arm rest up to the G13. Seems fine. A little pain but it's not that bad. Can't believe that I didn't think of this earlier.

Thanks.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I would guess this as well. It's possible it's been building and has just now gone over the edge so that it's constantly there. You say you're using it with a laptop - is it perhaps too far to the side? This is one of the reasons I went with a tenkeyless keyboard not too long ago for gaming. Long sessions with one arm stretched out to one side was either causing issues or exacerbating issues from something else. Cutting that 3.5-4 inches out of the middle and bringing my hands back in that little bit helped.

Another possibility is that you've been sleeping on your arm in a way lately that is causing some issues. I know the symptoms now after waking up in the middle of the night once with my forearm pinned under my ribs, but the first time it really caused issues for me I kept looking at other things like gaming as the source.

I'm sleeping fine. When I do wake up I don't have any issues with my arm. It's only when I'm gaming. The G13 is very close to the laptop, but my arm is extended for hours at a time. This is the issue. I'll have to check out the tenkeyless keyboard. Sounds cool.

Thanks.