Led Zep: Top 20 HEAVY songs?

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Don't get me wrong, songs like like Battle of Evermore are awesome, but I just love Black Dog, Rock and Roll, Heartbreaker and Living Loving Maid, Whole Lotta Love, The Lemon Song and Moby Dick. Just to name a few..

So what I'm wondering is, are there songs/albums I've missed that contain songs like this that have really good HEAVIER songs by Led Zep, showing off paige's skill? :D I know of Stairway to Heaven so please don't mention that... it's one of my favorite songs, but I'm looking for songs more like the ones I listed above.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
The Ocean
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (when it really starts to get going)
Ramble On

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
Kind of in order here..... but I wouldn't necessarily say his heavy songs show his skill.

*Achilles Last Stand (on of their most intense songs... over 10 mins.. check the solo)
Immigrant Song
Communications Breakdown
Dazed and Confused
*Celebration Day
Misty Mountain Hop
Good Times Bad Times
Sick Again
The Wanton Song
The Rover (one of my favs...)
Out On The Tiles
*When The Levee Breaks

Those are almost all their best 'heavy' songs, IMO. The ones I put a '*' on are the not as common ones that are TOTAL MUST.

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
i just found "the ocean". I had never heard this one before. it's good!

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
I don't know if you consider this hard, but, Ten Years Gone?
Maybe the chorus.. excellent song all the same.

WhiteKnight77

Mar 10, 2003
Bit of Zep trivia, take the 4th album (not CD, must be the bi-fold album cover) and open it up. With the Wizard at the top, hold the album to a mirror (mountain to the mirror) and see what you find looking at the combined image.

Down by the Seaside
In My Time of Dying

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: WhiteKnight77
Bit of Zep trivia, take the 4th album (not CD, must be the bi-fold album cover) and open it up. With the Wizard at the top, hold the album to a mirror (mountain to the mirror) and see what you find looking at the combined image.

Down by the Seaside
In My Time of Dying

How many people do you think have the record? Tell us what it is or take a picture.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
The Battle of Evermore is by far the heaviest song by Led Zeppelin.

Coolone

Aug 18, 2001

Down by the Seaside
In My Time of Dying

pic for us ignorant young-uns?

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis

How many people do you think have the record? Tell us what it is or take a picture.

I still have mine from when I bought it in 78 IIRC.

I wasn't buying Zep albums in 78....I was 4 years old.