Learn me about getting a job with Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBarney

May 27, 2012
not in the techie side, more of the sales side.

just saw a posting in the vertical I am interested in, in a mathematical based role that I believe I can excel at.

I will be applying on tuesday/wednesday after making sure my resume is up to snuff and getting a custom cover letter written.

any hints/tricks/tips?

I currently work at a software company on the business side but would love to work at Google :)

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Make sure you email them your resume with links to the places you worked for using bing maps.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Hopefully you have an associates degree in restaurant and hotel management, combined with A+ and Security+ certifications like the other users that post these questions :thumbsup:

Oh, just noticed you mentioned sales... well hopefully you worked at Best Buy or Office Depot...

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
GoogleJobOffer.jpg

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Google is very tough to get in. I know friends of a developer who had to go through rigorous interviews. I would hate having to do a crazy 3 hour technical interview then come back for more.

I think in sales you would need to have good references and pass a behavioral interview. I don't see why google would need sales reps they know how to advertise and collect all types of data as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.