Leaked Windows Blue build 9364 Screen shots.

N4g4rok

Sep 21, 2011
Over at Neowin.

Different Live tile sizes, more start screen customization, same width app-snapping.

4_5.jpg

8.jpg

1_11.jpg

Last edited:

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
"Multi-tasking improvements also appear to have been made, including the ability to run two apps side-by-side"

lmfao...

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
"Multi-tasking improvements also appear to have been made, including the ability to run two apps side-by-side"

lmfao...

That actually is pretty hilarious to be called a feature now days. Even windows 1.0 could do that! And it had REVERSI! and a CLOCK!!!!11!! ONLY $99!!!! BUY TODAY! (Except for Nebraska)

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
Do. Not. Want.

There is a reason I sold my Yoga. I couldn't put Windows 7 on it. Windows 8 (and this blue crap) is barf.

Dominato3r

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2008
It seems like this release is trying to reduce the amount of hopping between desktop and metro, which was probably the #1 complaint for a lot of people

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
Next up, they'll introduce a patented novel concept of "ability to launch programs without closing the one you're working with already."

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
As interested in this as normal win 8. As in looks just as bad. I own a pc not a tablet.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
As interested in this as normal win 8. As in looks just as bad. I own a pc not a tablet.

I'll chime in with a more positive response,I too am also a desktop/gamer user and have seen many changes over the decades from DOS 6.22 to latest Windows,personally I can adapt to the changes and except some things get removed for good plus new UI changes etc...

I'm glad they are at least trying to offer more customization in Metro,I do spend most of my time in the old Destop but like to dabble with customization in Metro etc..so look forward to these improvements in Windows Blue,I also look forward to Win9,10 etc even they they change the UI again which I think they won't.
I do hope Win8 users get Windows Blue for free.

Anyway bring it on Microsoft whatever you throw at me I can deal with,having started on DOS decades ago Windows is now a piece of cake even Metro,ironically reminds me in some ways of Linux changes from some Distro's over the years.

Last point I can deal with a tablet style UI even on a desktop PC as long as they remember all the Windows PC gamers out there,main thing that keeps me on Windows,otherwise I would of been on Linux for good years ago(pre Win7).

Last edited: