Leaked Media Matters Memo - Attack Personal Lives Of Journalists We Disagree With

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Just because one person in the Media Matters organization allegedly advocated doing so doesn't mean that it happened.

The accusation dovetails perfectly with the right wing persecution complex, for sure.

Which is promptly justified.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Going after people personally is scummy, no matter who does it, and it reflects poorly on media matters. You guys know that fox news personalities go after people they disagree with on a personal level quite often though, right?

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Only in that circular logic sort of way that the Right employs so often.

Then stop complaining about the Right. You accept it, probably embrace it if true. The propriety of the action is justified, that is if your ideology, no matter if the act itself is wrong. Just blame the other side.

BTW, if FOX hired people with the intent of ruining the lives of PBS employes for example, that would be just as wrong.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Going after people personally is scummy, no matter who does it, and it reflects poorly on media matters. You guys know that fox news personalities go after people they disagree with on a personal level quite often though, right?

Then stop complaining about the Right. You accept it, probably embrace it if true. The propriety of the action is justified, that is if your ideology, no matter if the act itself is wrong. Just blame the other side.

BTW, if FOX hired people with the intent of ruining the lives of PBS employes for example, that would be just as wrong.

There is no evidence that any such action was taken- you're jumping to conclusions, which is precisely what the Daily Caller wants you to do.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that people aren't out to get you, right?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
This. I think this was a deplorable suggestion by Frish and by anyone at Mediamatters who endorsed it. They crossed the line between exposing lies -- a legitimate and valuable public service -- and smearing their opponents, a slimy and destructive practice. But I find it hilarious, in a pathetic sort of way, that the usual righties immediately scream in self-righteous indignation, as if such smear campaigns aren't a key foundation of their own politics.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, boys, and the right has shown no scruples whatsoever in attacking not only its opponents, but even its own (see GWB vs. McCain, for example). Two wrongs don't make a right. I agree Frish and Mediamatters are wrong, but so are your hypocritical squeals of feigned outrage. Honesty and integrity matter, and you don't have them.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
There is no evidence that any such action was taken- you're jumping to conclusions, which is precisely what the Daily Caller wants you to do.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that people aren't out to get you, right?

If it's untrue then the Daily Caller is being a POS. If it's false then I hold MM blameless. Fair enough? I do not give the same consideration to those who assume it's true and justify it because they don't like FOX. A thing is right or wrong.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

I find the whole story rather convenient and would like to see it corroborated by more credible sources. I'm not saying it is false, merely that it could be. It's pretty obvious from the nutter parrots here that Mediamatters has moved into the right's cross-hairs in the last few months. Lying about opponents is standard operating procedure for the RNC propaganda factory. Again, the story may well be 100% true ... but I'd like to see that confirmed.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

Talk about irony. Fox is going down . This fight is over befor its started. Murdoc s empire is falling . G.S. and BHO started the move a bit ago . 8 arrest made in EU of his people paying off copsand the like . Ya see talking about fearless leader will not be accepted. Period . You have heard of full monty right . Well this is more akin to full hitler. You people made the choice and were warned about the choices ya make . Well its time for you to come into understanding .
As I understand it charges are to be brought against murdoc . Look at Foxes recent show cancelings . Watch there reversal of just 1 year ago . Listen to how they talk about obummer now comparred to a year ago . The lefties on this forum will start praising Fox news sooner than you think . They will say this plan worked . ALL BS. I don't care as I dislike both sides with equal dissention

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Digging up dirt on opponents is standard operating procedure for the DNC propaganda factory.

Yes , But this goes well beyond that. I would love to tell ya more but its not in the public record yet . So there is know way I could know more. Is that not so?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Digging up dirt on opponents is standard operating procedure for the DNC propaganda factory.

its standard on both sides of the isle.

I will say i think its BS that they are going after the newscasters. it shouldn't happen regardless of who they work for.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Such things as the Bill of Rights & Declaration of Independence only apply to government actions.

Ya but what do people in Gooberment think of these rights . The answer is right in front of you . Ya just have to look to find it.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Is any of this illegal?

Isn't the right that says "If you have nothing to hide..."?

Almost seems like Karma for the Fox "not news, but entertainment" standard of lowered ethical expectations.

Makes me chuckle.

LOL! Hay your late to the party . Illegal what a joke

We are no longer the United states of AMERICA thats a fact, We are the UN . The One World Government is inplace just not announced publicly

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

I will say i think its BS that they are going after the newscasters. it shouldn't happen regardless of who they work for.

Your always pretty level headed. You were promised Change , Your getting it. I don't see what the problem is . I can tell I witnessed the entire thing . You have nothing to complain about at all . No foul was commited according to the rules of nature. I would like to say that one side is right the other side is wrong . But thats not the case . There is NO right in wrong period. There is no lies in the truth but there can exist truth in a lie. The cool part the people at the top Hate everyone at the bottom equally doesn't matter if your rep/Dem . Both shall suffer equally under the KING.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008

Fox news personalities pay detectives to investigate people they disagree with on a personal level? or just direct personal attacks at someone, like a handicapped child to smear the child's mother?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Isn't this what everyone wants , one team one world idea one world currency . Its here rejoice! There will be resistance but those lives mean nothing in this new world order just as you mean nothing to them. THE ONE however stands against you all and his powers are not earthly even tho he is a man. He is even named. , In just a short 45 days this forum will be changed forever. Sad you people recieved the full truth here at AT . I admitt it was jibberish . But that was the correct way to present it , As your book of jibberish is presented in the same way.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
How quickly people forget who was behind the phone-hacking scandal to dig dirt not on political hypocrite whores, but everyday people and celebrities.

Did it say anywhere to find any false info? The right are the same people who demonize based on lies all the time. We don't need to review some of the list do we?

When you had Republican leaders impeaching Clinton for misleading about a sexual affair they had people pursuing him on while hiding their own sexual affairs...

Richard Mellon Scaife put $50 million into a 'get Clinton' fund to try to dig up any rumors, and it didn't matter that much if they were true. That was bad. At least this is 'honest'.

And that's not just a casual comparison - David Brock was paid by that Scaife money, and he turned on them and founded Media Matters that's the topic here.

Now, it partly depends what kind of info they look for and use.

Remember, for example, Rupert Murdoch - owner of Fox News - publicly claiming he was donating to both parties, but a leak showed he secretly gave $1 million to Republicans...

So basically you are using the old political line of "its all good because the other guys did it first?" You even got to throw in a bit of "at least my side isn't doing it quite as bad as the other side".

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Silly question, of course you are on the the Murdoch supported Fox America haters side

Do you ever think? Are you so blind to a party you can't not see. You stand behind a party . You WOULD vote for the Anti-Christ if he ran as a DEM . You have no concept of balance. I got to tell ya . I am writing this pretty good considering how much a am laughing at this topic . Murdocs going down along with his empire.
Look at the rep party . Other than PAUL we all know he is a libertarian. But look who they put up to run against obummer. None are better than obummer . Its one party now. The desception is that its 2 party . Ron Pauls people are not aware but I have been all along . These libertarians are now targets. THe neat part is . This is the Part I like . You LOVE IT . I know this to be true. Its a 2 way street my friend its a 2 way street . The powers to be can say its a one way street but they lie . They have NO authority to do anything but take your life thats all the authority they have and they know it.

Nov 30, 2006

Agreed. It's SOP for political opponents of either party for sure...but reporters? It appears that we have here an orchestrated 'witch hunt'....this is a new low for the Party of Zero Principles.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It's SOP for political opponents of either party for sure...but reporters? It appears that we have here an orchestrated 'witch hunt'....this is a new low for the Party of Zero Principles.

Oh jesus, both political parties (and any political party for that matter) is very comfortable with personally investigating any person they view to be a political enemy. Yes, it's scummy. Yes, all parties are absolutely willing to do it if they think they can gain an advantage. Media Matters (correctly) views Fox News to be a partisan political entity.

Jesus, people. It never ceases to amaze me how everyone can go from internet tough guys to wilting flowers from thread to thread.

Nov 30, 2006
Oh jesus, both political parties (and any political party for that matter) is very comfortable with personally investigating any person they view to be a political enemy. Yes, it's scummy. Yes, all parties are absolutely willing to do it if they think they can gain an advantage. Media Matters (correctly) views Fox News to be a partisan political entity.

Jesus, people. It never ceases to amaze me how everyone can go from internet tough guys to wilting flowers from thread to thread.
So...I guess that means you're OK with it?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So...I guess that means you're OK with it?

You need to read my posts more carefully. (again) My posts did not support this action, I just mentioned how totally unsurprising it is, so the shock and outrage seems silly.

If you genuinely didn't know that political parties were willing to attack unfriendly reporters, particularly ones of partisan political outfits like Fox, you're awfully naive.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
For example, if Republicans were caught selling drugs to raise campaign funds, the reight response would not be to do the same thing because they did.

Fox lying isn't justification for Fox opponents to lie

The justice department was caught selling weapons to Mexico but got caught in their scheme to rid us of guns . They got caught and it was swept under the rug

I like how your blaming media corp. LOL GS&BHO are behinf the entire operation . Foolish foolish people

Last edited: