LeadTek GeForce DDR RevB not stable at all..why!??

StevenSA

Jun 28, 2000
My LeadTek is not stable. 3DMark2000 crashes it after like 1 loop of a default benchmark. UT crashes it after about 10 minutes.

I've disabled AGP in DXDiag, disabled AGP 4x in BIOS, checked all my BIOS settings with LeadTek's FAQ (http://www.leadtek.com/faq.html), d/led their latest video BIOS for Win2k, tried a plethora of driver versions, and none of it helped.

Q3 seems to run fine tho (at 1600x1200 and high quality, heh). Because of this, I doubt it's an overheating problem.

I have a KA7-100 mobo and an Athlon Tbird700 (no, this combo is not the problem. I ran UT in software mode, it was fine.)

So...any ideas? I'm gonna try disabling FSAA as a last resort. But any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Henry Kuo

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2000
A good way to test if it is overheating: open up the case and run the same thing you did, and see if any lockups. opening the case should allow a much better ventilation.

StevenSA

Jun 28, 2000
I had my mobos thermal cable attached to the card, and I monitored it. I ran Q3 on the most torturous possible settings, and it went steady at 134F. No crash. But once I run 3Dmark...boom!

So, I really think it's a software problem now.

One thing I forgot to mention. LeadTek's FAQ says...make sure your videocard has it's own unshared IRQ. Mine shares its IRQ with the soundcard and the USB controller. I'm gonna try moving the soundcard around cuz Win2k will not let me change any resource settings via the control panel. So, I guess this is my second last resort.

Any other tips would still be appreciated tho.