Leadtek A250TD

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
I have this card, GeForce 4 Ti4400 w/out VIVO. I was wondering, does this card have that Hardware monitoring to allow me to access the GPU temps? Ive never installed card-specific software since Colorific which came with my old TNT, so I havent installed Winfox. Is Winfox worth installing?

I couldnt find anything about the hardware monitoring on Leadteks site. Leadtek have a highly polished card with a very neat package, I was a bit shocked to see their website. Not as good as I expected from their cards and reviews.

huthut

Sep 29, 2002
Their cards with hardware monitoring are monikered "TDH". Where "H" stands for hardware monitoring. If it's just "TD" then it only has TV out and DVI out. It's too bad they left out the hardware monitor feature on their GF4 series cards. That's a great feature. I highly doubt they'll release a TDH version when the GeForce FX/GF5 is right around the corner. Hopefully their GF5 cards will incoporate hardware monitoring.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Originally posted by: huthut
It's too bad they left out the hardware monitor feature on their GF4 series cards. That's a great feature.

Yeah. I think that decent temperature detection and display systems should be standard in a lot more. Graphics Cards and CPU's should use more accurate forms of temperature measurement.

Although specific temperatures are not critical in many systems, it would be useful to know what is happening. There could be a dead spot just above your HDD that could build up to a damaging level or something like that and without temperature monitoring, you might not know even when the equipment fails.