LeadTec tv2000xp "expert" to Hauppauge 250

vroom1810

Nov 10, 2003
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to do this. I have a LeadTec tv2000xp "expert" in my main computer. I just purchased the Hauppauge 250 pvr. I want to take out the tv2000xp "expert" and put it in another computer and put the 250 in my main computer. I'm assuming i have to unstall the "expert' card and uninstall the software. Once i do this i think i need to close down and start my computer up again. Then close it down again and install the 250. Then install the software that came with the 250. I don't think i'll have a problem putting the "expert" in the secondary computer. I'm somewhat confused on when/how-many-times i should shut down and start up the main computer. thanks for any advice.....Robert

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Well the computers must of course be shut down completely for any internal surgery.
And rebooting...the software will probably tell you when it is needed.

But the sequence is similar to what you typed up:
Uninstall TV2000XP drivers and software.
Shut down PC.
Remove TV2000XP.
Follow PVR 250 instructions, which probably say "Install card, turn on PC, run drivers from disc OR download updated drivers/apps from Hauppauge's website." Then, you'll probably need to reboot. But maybe not; WinXP (if that's what you've got) is a lot better than Win9x when it comes to needing reboots.