Lay out the facts. Help me choose.......

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Lay out the facts for you candidate. Why you believe or don't believe the stories floating around about your choice. If one is a liar and the other is a cheater, show the proof. Give me results of their works over the past several years. What accomplishment and failures. Lets see who the best candidate truly is.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Results of their works?
  • One corrupted Obama into destroying Libya / Syria.
  • The other is an egotistical blowhard whose accomplishment is being rich and infamous.
In November you have a choice between status quo corruption and corporate vampirism, or much of the same with a side of "America first policy" and an extra spice of hand grenade thrown in. One is a familiar choice, the other is... probably going to have unforeseen consequences, most likely scaring a whole bunch of people.

This country is going off a cliff... would you like to make some noise first, or just sit quietly as a passenger?

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
You're not going to get any answers that are not all ready plastered all over P&N.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Results of their works?
  • The other is an egotistical blowhard whose accomplishment is being rich and infamous.
In November you have a choice between status quo corruption and corporate vampirism, or much of the same with a side of "America first policy" and an extra spice of hand grenade thrown in. One is a familiar choice, the other is... probably going to have unforeseen consequences, most likely scaring a whole bunch of people.

This country is going off a cliff... would you like to make some noise first, or just sit quietly as a passenger?

Personally, if people think this country is going off a cliff, I'd like to propose a third option: kill yourself. Sounds harsh I know but think about all the job openings it will create. Think about how much our government will be able to accomplish without having to cater to the people who will never be happy. Think about all the savings we will have by no longer having to pay these people for taking advantage of social safety nets. Shit, I'd imagine the party industry would take off now that people no longer have to deal with the insufferable. I really don't see any down side.

/s

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Lay out the facts for you candidate. Why you believe or don't believe the stories floating around about your choice. If one is a liar and the other is a cheater, show the proof. Give me results of their works over the past several years. What accomplishment and failures. Lets see who the best candidate truly is.

To put things into perspective, even much of the GOP thinks their candidate/policies are so terrible that the best strategy is to base the presidency on who is more healthy.

Another basis for comparison is whether you associate more with people who can string together sentences into some kind of coherent argument, or not. You can generally tell the trump folks just like him by their choice of the best words.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
These lists are never useful. It is because the items on the list are biased to begin with.

Think of the typical vehicle commercial:
* Car X has more acceleration than car Y.
That may be true by a miniscule amount, but it ignores the fact that car Y has more features, better handling, bigger capacity, better fuel economy, better towing, more reliable, better looking (albeit that is in the eye of the driver), cheaper, etc.

Whomever makes the list items can make any candidate sound great by only putting the list items that are popular and ignoring the list items that are not popular. So I could make a list that makes Clinton sound angelic and Trump evil. I can also make a list that makes Trump sound angelic and Clinton sound evil.

The lists also have problems with relevancy (a president has no power to do things that are in congress's control by the constitution, but most lists include those irrelevant items in a prominent position). The lists also have problems with scale/precision. Candidate X may have a 90.010 ranking by some entity and candidate Y may have a 90.009 ranking by that entity which is essentially a tie, but the list will put the checkmark next to only candidate X since that candidate was higher.

The list isn't the way to get anywhere unless it is complete, accurate, and unbiased. And asking highly biased people to make a complete, accurate, and unbiased list is foolish. Asking non-biased people and you end up with people who don't care about politics and won't get it complete or accurate and it probably will still end up being biased.

Instead, you need to make your personal list of things that matter only to you. Then you need to fill in the blanks yourself. Vote that way.

For example, to me, no personal characteristic of any candidate makes one bit of difference. A candidate can be the stinkiest scum on the biggest wart of the most foul troll and I will still vote for that candidate if that candidate truly would vote in the way that I think makes the best choice. To others, it is all about personal characteristics and how they will actually change the country means nothing.

Last edited:

5to1baby1in5

Golden Member
Apr 27, 2001
Personally, if people think this country is going off a cliff, I'd like to propose a third option: kill yourself. Sounds harsh I know but think about all the job openings it will create. Think about how much our government will be able to accomplish without having to cater to the people who will never be happy. Think about all the savings we will have by no longer having to pay these people for taking advantage of social safety nets. Shit, I'd imagine the party industry would take off now that people no longer have to deal with the insufferable. I really don't see any down side.
/s
That's a pretty *ed up thought process.
Unfortunately, people whose personal life is going off a cliff are shooting up a theater or a school full of kids instead. There might be a better way to solve our problems than a cap to the head or a semi-automatic rifle.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
You will still have to live with whoever is elected, even if it's not your fault.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Results of their works?

Personally, I want to go in my sleep like my Grandpa, not screaming in terror like his passengers were. Thus I will vote for Hillary since listening to her puts me to sleep. :D

Reactions: MongGrel

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I think best way is to work backwards from how you'd feel the morning after when the results are announced.

For me it would be:
Hillary wins, not much has changed, likely gridlocked government, slowly but steadily improving economy.
Trump wins, the United States just became a giant reality show with a vain sociopath as the main star, with all of us as extras.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
second one sounds more fun.

I cant vote for an interventionist. thus, I can only vote for Gary. Now that the debate commission has squashed the independent voice, we are totally fucked again.

Feb 16, 2005
I think best way is to work backwards from how you'd feel the morning after when the results are announced.

For me it would be:
Hillary wins, not much has changed, likely gridlocked government, slowly but steadily improving economy.
Trump wins, the United States just became a giant reality show with a vain sociopath as the main star, with all of us as expendable extras.

Just needed a slight tweak.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
This election comes down to picking up a turd by the clean end...bring a wet wipe to the polls or just vote for yourself like I am