Lawsuit alleges drugs were forcibly administered to migrant children...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 16, 2005
Yeah, too bad Obama didn't take care of it when it was happening.

1637244.gif

Or bush II or clinton or bush I or reagan or carter, etc, etc... maybe it's time to break that cycle.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Or bush II or clinton or bush I or reagan or carter, etc, etc... maybe it's time to break that cycle.

I don't know if this type of problem existed before Obama because I have no documentation like this lawsuit but I do agree it needs to be investigated and stopped. If posters here and the MSM are going to be outraged at least be accurate.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Trump supporters are responsible for this.

Worst part is that they are actually proud of being responsible for this.

I think supporting the Trump family should be classified as a hate crime.
Since 2003, the U.S. Health and Human Services Department has awarded nearly $5 billion in grants through the Office of Refugee Resettlement, mostly to religious and nonprofit organizations in 18 states, to house children who arrive in the country unaccompanied. The program grew quickly in 2014, when around 70,000 children crossed the southern border alone.
In 2013, the resettlement agency began funding the shelter, sending it more than $25 million in grants over five years.
In 2001, Stephanie Duffield, 16, had died after being restrained by staff.

If anyone had bothered to read the original report written by Reveal it's littered with data reaching back almost 2 decades. This isn't a Trump presidency issue or a Trump supporter issue this is a fucking government issue.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
If anyone had bothered to read the original report written by Reveal it's littered with data reaching back almost 2 decades. This isn't a Trump presidency issue or a Trump supporter issue this is a fucking government issue.

So Cheeto Jesus will fix it, that's what you're saying, right?

Reactions: JSt0rm

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Fucking nazis just following orders. Your country is really buggered.

The issue of German Doctors issuing drugs to euthanize crippled children and adults deemed insane just arose in the ethics book that I'm reading. It was overwhelmingly common among the smartest and brightest to help the effort, very few resisted. They were complicit in their actions and mindless in their actions.

It's a human justification tactic though, not unique to one country or another. One anecdotal account of a contracted facility doesn't quite equate to the Nazi party wiping out a subset of people. Certainly worth looking into, but hard to get emotional about just yet.

How does the author know "One child was given a variety of drugs, including seizure medications, antipsychotic and antidepressant drugs, and the Parkinson's medication known as Benztropine." I Control-F'd the court document and found no such claim.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
So Cheeto Jesus will fix it, that's what you're saying, right?
No what I'm saying is that this isn't an issue that just appeared out of know where because of President Trump and he certainly isn't responsible for all of it. This is a fucking government issue that spans both parties and it goes back decades.
Does anyone here ever pull their heads out of their asses and actually do a little digging around to find out where these stories come from? It seems like 90% of the time everyone around P&N just reads the headline then blames Trump. Fuckin' a man....it gets a little stale.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
No what I'm saying is that this isn't an issue that just appeared out of know where because of President Trump and he certainly isn't responsible for all of it. This is a fucking government issue that spans both parties and it goes back decades.
Does anyone here ever pull their heads out of their asses and actually do a little digging around to find out where these stories come from? It seems like 90% of the time everyone around P&N just reads the headline then blames Trump. Fuckin' a man....it gets a little stale.

we wernt taking children from families before trump. thats a fact. unaccompanied minors were detained before.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Oh it's you. Can you provide me with a link to your fact.

sure...

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...ald-trumps-separation-immigrant-families-was/

for the lazy:

Schlapp said the Trump administration’s policy of separating families is "the same way Barack Obama did it."

Obama’s immigration policy specifically sought to avoid breaking up families. While some children were separated from their parents under Obama, this was relatively rare, and occurred at a far lower rate than under Trump, where the practice flows from a zero tolerance approach to illegal border-crossings.

We rate this False.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
From the drugs listed in the media report, I find it highly likely that some psychiatrist was ordering the treatment. And I think that psychiatrist should have their license taken away. Or at least board certification/APA membership (if applicable).