Lawnmower question - don't laugh **Update with a few more concerns*** - got the mower!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

episodic

Lifer
Feb 7, 2004
It was quite difficult to pull the spark plug wire off. I sat it on my front porch. I wish there was some easy way to chain it . . . sigh. . .

Crucial

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
Yes the gas cap has a vent in it. I wouldn't keep it in the house if it were mine.

Also, where do you live? If you live where there is winter or an off season where you don't mow then you should be using Stabil in the gas over the off season to keep your carb from getting gummed up. I can't tell you how many mowers get tossed because they are not stored properly.

Some mowers don't have a drain plug. I had a Toro that didn't. The manual said to tip it on it's side and drain it out the fill tube.

episodic

Lifer
Feb 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Crucial
Yes the gas cap has a vent in it. I wouldn't keep it in the house if it were mine.

Also, where do you live? If you live where there is winter or an off season where you don't mow then you should be using Stabil in the gas over the off season to keep your carb from getting gummed up. I can't tell you how many mowers get tossed because they are not stored properly.

Some mowers don't have a drain plug. I had a Toro that didn't. The manual said to tip it on it's side and drain it out the fill tube.

No it isn't going up for the season, I was just concerned about it's theft. I can't really figure a meaningful place to chain it. I could run a chain through a tire (a small chain) - but you could unbolt the tire. I could run it through the handle - but you can unbolt the handle. The deck is solid - nowhere to chain it there. Sigh.

Crucial

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
Originally posted by: episodic
Originally posted by: Crucial

No it isn't going up for the season, I was just concerned about it's theft. I can't really figure a meaningful place to chain it. I could run a chain through a tire (a small chain) - but you could unbolt the tire. I could run it through the handle - but you can unbolt the handle. The deck is solid - nowhere to chain it there. Sigh.

I figured you weren't storing it now. I was just giving an FYI for future. Not sure what you can do about the theft problem though. You could drill a hole in the deck somewhere or bolt in a bracket. Sure it can be unbolted but if someone wants it bad enough nothing will stop them.