StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
It's just a blurb on the top of money.cnn.com now. Also I've noted that in the last day or so it was stated that the US is actually growing its economy at 1%/year at this time, which is a facade, a complete fallacy and fudge of the numbers akin to just printing money, it in turn "increasing the GDP" and then everybody saying "See, no recession!"

"Personal income" Has assuredly dropped in the face of inflation regardless of what additional toilet paper bills we're bringing home.

EDIT: link'

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
If you think were doing good now, wait til the Fox business network gets going.
I bet it turns out we are doing fantastic.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
a coordinated effort by the media to keep us ignorant of how dire things have become in the money supply?

no.. there are no conspiracies. Fox News and CNN are competitors with hard hitting journalism.. just like Democrats and Republicans are complete opposites and you have to choose a side.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
It's pretty sad when throw-away checks like that bump the income of us average consumers that much.

I deliberately use the term throw-away because I'm sure that's what the average national politician thinks of them-barely worth the time for them to endorse the check.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Looking pretty good on wages but of course, that also means that there will be a huge drop in incomes when the checks stop coming, no?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Engineer
Looking pretty good on wages but of course, that also means that there will be a huge drop in incomes when the checks stop coming, no?
No! They'll just base earnings from, say, November with those in January, not those in May-June.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Are they laying the groundwork for the govt to direct the economy? Why not reduce spending and taxation by the same amount permenantly?

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Genx87
Are they laying the groundwork for the govt to direct the economy? Why not reduce spending and taxation by the same amount permenantly?

Look at the stock market spikes lately and every one of them have been government or Federal Reserve induced (Sach's bailout, government stiumulus checks, one more that slips my mind..I'll try to find it as it was on CNBC last night).

Government spending to the rescue...

Oh, and for the record, I agree with reducing taxes (especially mine) and spending of equal or more amounts. Not going to happen, but I do agree.