Law School

buck588

Banned
May 15, 2001
Getting ready for my first day of classes at Law School. Anyone got any good advice? Any law school students or lawyers on the board tonight?

Not either of those, but from what I hear, you have no life first year. Its when they weed people out. Good luck man.

astroview

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
Just read and start outlining 6 weeks before your first final. You'll be ok. Where do you go to school?

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
1st year they scare you to death
2nd year they work you to death
3rd year they bore you to death

I know this may be too late but you need to be ready for the Socratic Method on the 1st day of class.

edit: don't believe anyone who tells you NOT to use commercial outlines (just don't use them exclusively)

SweetSweetLeroyBrown

Oct 16, 2003
you only have to be worried about being dropped if you go to a non 1st tier school

no one gets dropped at UCLA, Stanford, Yale, Harvard, NYU, Columbia....or even Fordham.

Golden Gate University on the other hand....

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
I was thinking about applying to law school at the University of Guadalajara.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: RKS
1st year they scare you to death
2nd year they work you to death
3rd year they bore you to death

I know this may be too late but you need to be ready for the Socratic Method on the 1st day of class.

edit: don't believe anyone who tells you NOT to use commercial outlines (just don't use them exclusively)
100% agreed.

My very first class on the first day of first year was Contracts. The Professor's first words were, "Mr. XXXX, please state the facts of the case of..."

Exactly like The Paper Chase. Recommended viewing BTW. Too bad you won't have any time. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Good Luck!

EDIT: You DID check the homework board and do all the readings for tomorrow already, right?