Laundry problems

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
Ok, I'm on a business trip and the place I am staying at has a laundry facility. I just got done washing my clothes but all 6 dryers are in use. I have been sitting here for a hour waiting for someone to take their clothes out since 4 of the 6 are done.

I know I shouldn't have waited till the last minute but I got behind on some reports last night and had to spend today working on them. Its almost 830 here and I have to go to bed soon since I wake up at 430 for work.

Should I just take out someone's clothes and leave em on the counter? Is that rude?

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
Just take out all the clothes in one of the done dryers, dry your clothes, then put it all back. No one will ever know...

Edited: spelling

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Take them out. There's a reason why they make alarm clocks.. People can be so clueless to other people.

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
Originally posted by: ChAoTiCpInOy
Just take out all the clothes in one of the done dryers, dry your clothes, then put it all back. No one will ever know...

yeah but what if I do that and that person comes back and sees their clothes laying around. if I leave they may do something to my clothes like spit in the dryer or take something out, etc.

if i stay they could possibly get pissed and try to start something

///ah nevermind someone just came and got their stuff

/thread

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: alkohoLiK
yeah but what if I do that and that person comes back and sees their clothes laying around. if I leave they may do something to my clothes like spit in the dryer or take something out, etc.

/thread

Take their clothes out of the washer, and put it in one of the dryers. If your clothes get done and they still aren't back, put their clothes back in the washer and use the drier.

People aren't going to spit in the dryer or "start something" if you just move their clothes, yeesh...

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: ChAoTiCpInOy

/thread

just put all the clothes in another dryer...problem solved

;)

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
This really isn't brain surgery. Is this the first time you've dealt with doing laundry in a public style facility?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
nothing wrong with taking clothes out of the drier if the person isn't back within half an hour of their clothes being done.

just put the clothes in a neat-ish pile of a table and, if you want to be nice, make sure they're not still wet.

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
Originally posted by: jagec

/thread

Take their clothes out of the washer, and put it in one of the dryers. If your clothes get done and they still aren't back, put their clothes back in the washer and use the drier.

People aren't going to spit in the dryer or "start something" if you just move their clothes, yeesh...

The clothes arent in the washers theyre in the dryers. The facility only has 6 dryers and all were being used.

Originally posted by: SampSon
This really isn't brain surgery. Is this the first time you've dealt with doing laundry in a public style facility?

No, I had to use public style facilities in college and I personally witnessed someone that got pissed that someone removed their clothes that they took a lit cigarette and put it in the dryer in spite.

Doesnt matter now....someone got their clothes and mine are being dried.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
No, I had to use public style facilities in college and I personally witnessed someone that got pissed that someone removed their clothes that they took a lit cigarette and put it in the dryer in spite.

Who cares if someone gets pissed? They shouldn't have left their clothes unattended in the dryer for hours and stopped others from using the dryers. This is why you remove their clothes, put yours in and stay there and attend them. You don't want wrinkled clothes, right?

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
For anyone else... It is rude to forget about your clothes in the washer or dryer. If no dryers are available and clothes have been sitting in a dryer for awhile, I generally will pull them to run my own stuff. Now, I don't expect people to show up right when the dryer is done, so I will typically give someone 15 or 20 minutes after the dryer stops or after I started waiting on the dryer. If I'm feeling really nice and have some time to kill, I'll even fold their stuff if it is a load of towels and/or sheets.

I am less likely to pull a load of women's clothes (bras and panties) as I don't want people to think I'm a perv. I am also reluctant to pull men's clothes (underware, etc), but I'll do it in a pinch. Towels and sheets are always fair game.

R

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: SampSon

Who cares if someone gets pissed? They shouldn't have left their clothes unattended in the dryer for hours and stopped others from using the dryers. This is why you remove their clothes, put yours in and stay there and attend them. You don't want wrinkled clothes, right?

Common courtesy is you don't take up a public dryer longer than is necessary. If they come in and ask, say you waited 20 min

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
This happened all the time in college, I never had a problem taking the clothes out. Put the clothes on top of the dryer one over so they won't konw you did it :)

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Last time I forgot my clothes in the dryer they were sitting on top of it. No harm, no foul... for the most part. I think I might've lost a sock somewhere though :(

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Before getting a washer/dryer at my apt?, I had to use the ones at the complex's laundry facility. All the dryers were full, so I took the clothes out of a finished one, folded them (some jeans and shirts) and put them on the counter. Some guy walked in while I was still loading my clothes and thanking me for not throwing his shit all over the floor. See how hard that was