latex mattress revisited

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
I remember a thread a while back with people recommending these latex matresses and having good first impressions. I'm wondering, if any of you still out there who had a latex mattress for a while now, how well does it hold up? You still satisfied with it?

I need to get a new mattress, and am very wary of getting another metal spring mattress. I also don't want something like tempurpedic not only because of its steep price but the foam retains alot of body heat and I won't be able to sleep when I'm surrounded by heat. Any other alternatives?

Jeraden

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've had one for about 6 months now. At first I found it too hard and didn't really like it (we got a firm and should have probably gotten a medium). However now it feels great, although I still think a medium would have been better but my wife insists on firms. Holding up great, I can't tell of any indentations or anything.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
is it really made out of latex?
i wouldn't have anything to do with it. latex is the fastest growing allergy material in the US.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Does the mattress stay cool or does it heat up quickly from your body heat?

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Why did I first read this thread title as "latex mistress revealed"?!

Probably because you need a girl that will satisfy your fetishes

Jeraden

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I haven't really noticed it being any warmer or cooler than my old mattress. If anything I'd say it regulates heat better than my old mattress. I used to remember always tossing blankets on and off when I got too hot/cold. I realized I haven't really done that in a while.

I got mine over the net from mattresses.net by the way. I did lots of research and it seemed like the best quality one for the best price when you factor in the cost of the foundation as well.

Mar 22, 2002
Originally posted by: moshquerade
is it really made out of latex?
i wouldn't have anything to do with it. latex is the fastest growing allergy material in the US.

Seriously. I had to get a physical the other day and I'm all broken out...Well, you know where.

Nanotech

Mar 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Apex
Sounds like it would be great at resisting um, stains.

These Latex matresses sound like they would be great for Bed Wetters!! :light:

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Nanotech
Originally posted by: Apex
Sounds like it would be great at resisting um, stains.

These Latex matresses sound like they would be great for Bed Wetters!! :light:

just the thing for me! um, i mean... my.... kid... yeah.