• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Latest Radeon w/ 2 DVI ports for under $100

Lifted

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2004
What's the most recent Radeon I can get for under $100 with 2 DVI ports instead of the usual 1 DVI & 1 VGA? It seems the options for 2x DVI are the more expensive, higher performance models, or the OEM specific parts (Dell, HP, etc.) which are usually underpowered and overpriced.

cusideabelincoln

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2008
You will probably have to settle on a card that has 1xDVI and 1xHDMI and then simply buy an HDMI to DVI cable/adapter.

Lifted

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2004
Thanks for the suggestions. These will be for Optiplex 790 desktops, so I don't want to go with anything too powerful, and the 5770 starts getting up there. The 5750 is out of stock everywhere.

I ordered an eVGA GT 430 for testing. In the end I may just go with a display port -> DVI adapter, and use both of the onboard VGA and DP ports to drive 2 monitors. Not the most elegant solution, but for $7 for the adapter, it's worth giving it a shot. This would also utilize the HD 2000 driver I already injected into our image, and that makes things much easier to maintain as all workstations (single and dual display) will be running the same video driver.

ASK THE COMMUNITY