Latest media bias chart V3.0

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I don't believe it ever did. Never trust a hippy.
I was thinking about that. Hell, remember when people thought the Hells Angels were cool. Personally, I never did, because one of them threatened my life when I was 16. At least most of the hippies, hated anything to do with government, so it would not surprise me if most of them turned into conservatives. Hell too much time spent in "edge city" turned a bunch of them into Jesus freaks. It gets scary staring into the void sometimes.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I was thinking about that. Hell, remember when people thought the Hells Angels were cool. Personally, I never did, because one of them threatened my life when I was 16. At least most of the hippies, hated anything to do with government, so it would not surprise me if most of them turned into conservatives. Hell too much time spent in "edge city" turned a bunch of them into Jesus freaks. It gets scary staring into the void sometimes.

Well, someone voted for Reagan and Thatcher. Seems like it was the same people who had been hippies. Also seems to me the hippy thing largely happened among the affluent middle-classes - university student types, at a time when very few went to university. It all passed my parents by entirely. A lot of hippies were right-wing Libertarians, but I don't think the great majority of them were political at all, either way - they just didn't want to be drafted and sent to Vietnam (if American), and wanted the option of taking recreational drugs. Plenty of them went on to become wealthy entrepreneurial business types.

I remember seeing 'never trust a hippy' as a common piece of graffitti when I was a child, back in the punk era, when hating hippies was a common trope. Nothing that's happened since makes me doubt that it's sound advice. Not that the punks ended up much better.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
All the real hippies died a long time ago. The posers became Republicans and are now ruining America.

Nov 29, 2006
Lol nothing more funny than morons here dismissing this chart under the guise of "I've heard of Infowars but I haven't heard of

Anyone who has left leaning friends and has ever been on social media has undoubtedly heard of plenty of these shithole lefty sites.

only one i’ve heard of, but can tell it’s total crap biased is Occupy Democrats. so i think your upset at the right being retarded and lashing out.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
The USA is a country where someone (the founder of the John Birch society, in fact) wrote an entire book arguing that Eisenhower was a puppet of the communists. And I notice said book still gets positive reviews from, presumably conservative, Americans on Amazon. And Phyllis Schlaffley wrote an entire book attacking Henry Kissinger for being dangerously liberal.

The country has an Overton window that has moved so far to the right that it's now part of the house next door (that house probably being Russia).

Reactions: hal2kilo