Latest Madden screens for next gen...Impressive?

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
Madden 25 (last year's) on top
Madden 15 (PS4) bottom

Of course, the real question is if it actually looks like this during gameplay, and how exactly it animates. Saying nothing of how the game actually plays of course.

But you have to admit, if it's actually indicative of what the game will look/animate like, it's FINALLY nice to see some next-gen potential being explored.

1401936886-media.jpg

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
They finally implemented the realtime tattoo rendering engine?

The lower screenshot would be pretty darned impressive realtime.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
graphics are nice, but once again, i don't get excited for bullshots, let alone, madden bullshots.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Should not take much to make an improvement over the current game. I am more interested to see how the animations work, they are pretty damn clunky looking in the current game.

KT

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Should not take much to make an improvement over the current game. I am more interested to see how the animations work, they are pretty damn clunky looking in the current game.

KT

They don't look great, but the gameplay itself is actually very smooth. Even from the 360 to the Xbox One, I noticed the difference. However, the One version looked more "cartoony" IMO, mostly due to the colors being so vibrant.

The bottom screenshot actually looks really good. If the game does look like that, I'll be impressed.

artemicion

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2004
The depth of field blur certainly wouldn't be in-game, except possibly in replays. It wouldn't be too surprising to see the Kaep model being too far off from what appears in-game, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the level of detail for specific players dropping off dramatically beyond the top 30 or so most recognizable players in the NFL.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Until they catch up with NBA 2k14...not impressed. I still think NBA 2k14 set the bar for next gen sports games as far as graphics go.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Until they catch up with NBA 2k14...not impressed. I still think NBA 2k14 set the bar for next gen sports games as far as graphics go.

While I do agree NBA2k14 looks great, there is less than half the amount of people on an NBA court as there is on an NFL field (not even considering the players on the bench or the crowd).

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
They don't look great, but the gameplay itself is actually very smooth. Even from the 360 to the Xbox One, I noticed the difference. However, the One version looked more "cartoony" IMO, mostly due to the colors being so vibrant.

The bottom screenshot actually looks really good. If the game does look like that, I'll be impressed.

I have it on PS4 and it's fine, but I still find it kind of clunky with weird collisions and stuff. Not tonnes of them, but it happens pretty often and looks terrible. Maybe it plays better on the Xbox360ne.

KT

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
They finally implemented the realtime tattoo rendering engine?

The lower screenshot would be pretty darned impressive realtime.

Kaepernick secured the rights of his tattoos to be used in the game. It's up to the individual player to secure the rights of their tattoos to be used in game. EA got sued way back with NFL Street over having a player's tattoos by the artist that did them.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/5/5782540/madden-nfl-15-tattoos-returning-colin-kaepernick

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
The depth of field blur certainly wouldn't be in-game, except possibly in replays. It wouldn't be too surprising to see the Kaep model being too far off from what appears in-game, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the level of detail for specific players dropping off dramatically beyond the top 30 or so most recognizable players in the NFL.

What it looks like, and likely is, is the top screen shot is game play and the bottom is in engine rendered video. Madden 25 does the same thing, and the in game footage does look worse and has no depth of field blur.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I am sure it is better than that now and besides, I hate Madden but wouldn't say it always does that...cause it doesn't.