Latest great PC game? Can I play it?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Oyeve, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Oyeve

Oyeve Lifer

So, I have been really super busy with work/life and all that the past 4 years or so and PC gaming has just not been in the cards. I used to be a super avid PC gamer but since life has a funny way of making you busy I have been doing all of my gaming during the last few years on the 360 and ps3. Around 5 years ago I started building the PC that is in my sig below. Back then this was a pretty kick-ass system. Well, I want to get back into PC gaming as the consoles are boring me and I feel I can play on the PC again as my life has somewhat stabilized.

So, what is the lates de-facto must have PC game out right now and will my system below be able to handle it?

The last PC game I bought was Diablo III and it played quite well. Its just that the game suck ass and I was POed at PC gaming. So, whats the game of the month?

2. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

The only games I play right now are Planetside 2 (free to play MMO shooter), Dead Island (co-op zombie shooter), Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (space RTS), Mark of the Ninja (2D action platformer), and Trine 2 (2.5D action/puzzle platformer).

3. Martimus

Martimus Diamond Member

the best PC games that out right now don't need strong computer setups to run. The best game this last year is probably The Walking Dead, which has very low hardware requirements.

4. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

Shame your posting this today and not a few weeks ago. You would have been able to get a bunch of games during the Steam holiday sale.

5. Tweak155

Tweak155 Lifer

I used the 5770 until it died on me about 4 months ago. Played most things well in my case. Of course Diablo 3 & SC 2 are likely my most demanding games I play regularly.

6. SMOGZINN

SMOGZINN Diamond Member

Are you gaming at 1680x1050 (Dell 2007FPW) resolution, or 2560x1440? At 1680x1050 your system will probably run a modern game on medium settings. At 1440 I would think most FPS games will be choppy at low settings.

As for what to play, there is a ton of good games out, it has been a really good year for video games. Just look at some of the threads in this forum and read about them.

7. Oyeve

Oyeve Lifer

1680x1050. I used to use 3 monitors when I was playing Dragon Age and the system did max settings pretty well. Not bad for a 128bit card. Diablo 3 and SC2 played well at max settings but those games are not resource hogs I believe.

Ok, so its safe to assume that gaming tech really has not advanced all that much in the last few years?

8. ImpulsE69

ImpulsE69 Lifer

Few things have pushed it because consoles are driving game development right now. Since they are so old, and most games are direct ports, there is not much push for higher gear on PC's.

9. Udgnim

Udgnim Diamond Member

Path of Exile is going open beta 1/23/12

it's a F2P action RPG and it's A LOT more like Diablo 2 than Diablo 3, but has a lot of interesting ideas and game mechanics that makes it more than just a D2 clone

http://www.pathofexile.com/

10. Chiefcrowe

Chiefcrowe Diamond Member

Is Mark of the Ninja as awesome as it seems to be? how do you like it?

11. Corporate Thug

+1 for Mark of the Ninja...very novel and fun gameplay. The only reason I'm spending more time on Far Cry 3 than Ninja is because I spent 4x more on FC 3 and I feel ripped if I don't play it ;)

12. Chiefcrowe

Chiefcrowe Diamond Member

Thank you. I'm going to have to check it out!