Latest Core i7 release date info

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

solofly

Banned
May 25, 2003
Intel gave it a go on 11th (4 days ago) to put the processors on shelves but not to advertise it. That's how I got mine. I walked in into my local hardware store and there they were, all three models... (and I got it cheaper than what has been stated in this thread)

AuDioFreaK39

Aug 7, 2006
twitter.com
I just got back from Fry's in Anaheim, CA and spoke to an Intel rep as well as a customer service rep. They told me that they will have the i7 920 for $340, the i7 940 for $590, and the i7 965 for $1200. They also told me that all three processors are already in stock but they won't release them until the 17th. :)

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: WaitingForNehalem
Check out my signature!

-------------------------
Core i7 920
ASUS P6T
GPU-pending
6GB Patriot Viper DDR3 1600
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme
WD Caviar Black 1TB
PSU-pending

Congrats on completing your Avatar quest!

You deserve a :cookie: !

Now OC that bitch@!

AuDioFreaK39

Aug 7, 2006
twitter.com
Well, I just got back from MicroCenter in Tustin, and even after tax, I paid $32 less than I would've on Newegg. :) They had 10 Core i7 965 Extreme's and 25 Core i7 920's in stock (well, 9 and 24 now ). ;) However, they only had 3GB and 6GB Patriot 1600MHz memory kits, so I grabbed them for now just to get my rig up and running for launch... They were also supposed to have the 6GB Corsair kits, but after the employees searched their stock for over 20 minutes they simply couldn't find any in their inventory.

I'm still waiting on the Dominator 1866MHz kit though. :thumbsup:

http://i57.photobucket.com/alb...%20Launch/IMG_0572.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/alb...%20Launch/IMG_0575.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/alb...%20Launch/IMG_0577.jpg

Looks like someone at Intel screwed up when they misplaced this sticker. Meh, it's not the end of the world, I'll just peel it up with a blow dryer.

http://i57.photobucket.com/alb...%20Launch/IMG_0579.jpg

WaitingForNehalem

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2008
Originally posted by: Idontcare
Check out my signature!

-------------------------
Core i7 920
ASUS P6T
GPU-pending
6GB Patriot Viper DDR3 1600
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme
WD Caviar Black 1TB
PSU-pending

Congrats on completing your Avatar quest!

You deserve a :cookie: !

Now OC that bitch@!

Do you know how much I spent?! If I mess this thing up by OCing I have no backup.

I think I should have gotten the Gigabyte board. It is only $20 more and offers 3x SLI, 24GB RAM max, and better onboard sound.

eggamyer

Nov 12, 2008
hey i'm tryin to place my order and i cant find any memory or at least not the kind i want. i'm lookin for the ocz platinum triple channel. its backordered till the 25th at newegg. might just go ahead and buy the g. skill and save some money.

WaitingForNehalem

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2008
Looking at the specs the GIGABYTE still looks better IMO. It has a 24GB RAM limit, DDR3 2000+/1333/1066/800 MHz, and if I'm not mistaken better onboard sound that supports Dolby Digital. BTW, I'm going to exchange my PATRIOT RAM as well because it is at the max voltage of 1.65V which makes me worry. I'll stick with DDR3 1333 1.5V until the the higher speeds drop in voltage.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: AuDioFreaK39
I'm loving my EVGA X58. Very solid platform. Couldn't recommend anything better. :)

you need to overclock.

3.2 on a i965 would get me littlerally shot on XS. LOL....

Both the asus and gigabyte are great boards. The gigabyte seems a bit more durable with the thicker board.

I like ASUS because of the OC Palm. Also it seems more friendlier to watercool.

The gigabyte does look like a winner on air tho, but im not looking at air. :T

Either board will do great.

Personally if this is your last upgrade for some time a Rampage II Forumla or extreme? would probably eat both of them. The R2F is EATX board so watch out.

WaitingForNehalem

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2008
I just built my system today and it is AMAZING! I played Oblivion and what a difference there is. Core i7 forever!

AuDioFreaK39

Aug 7, 2006
twitter.com
Glad you're enjoying it. Have you tried Fallout 3 yet? Very similar in style to Oblivion (same developers). Crysis: Warhead also runs amazing on my new setup.

Cheesetogo

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2005
I just built my system today and it is AMAZING! I played Oblivion and what a difference there is. Core i7 forever!

What were you using previously?

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005
So, last week I had a birthday and my fiance totally surprised me. First, I told her I wanted an mp3 player for my runs and I kept pestering her about it until she ordered it (I'm impatient). Then, on my birthday she hands me a package during the birthday party. I opened it up and found an X58 motherboard, i7, and 6 gigs of RAM. I was totally shocked as she's really not a nerd or that computer savvy (she's a chem e).

Apparently, a few months ago I had mentioned the i7 and the approximate time they could be purchased. She put it on her calendar and checked Newegg every day knowing I'd ordered from Newegg in the past. She checked every day until it was available and then had it shipped as fast as possible so it would arrive for my party. I couldn't even express my disbelief when I opened the package. She determined what to buy based on reviews she found on the internet and Newegg. She is the best ;). I hope to have it put together tomorrow.

WaitingForNehalem

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2008
Originally posted by: Cheesetogo

What were you using previously?

Pentium 4 3.2GHz, X850XT AGP

So, last week I had a birthday and my fiance totally surprised me. First, I told her I wanted an mp3 player for my runs and I kept pestering her about it until she ordered it (I'm impatient). Then, on my birthday she hands me a package during the birthday party. I opened it up and found an X58 motherboard, i7, and 6 gigs of RAM. I was totally shocked as she's really not a nerd or that computer savvy (she's a chem e).

Wow, nice gift. What motherboard did you get?

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: BigDH01

Apparently, a few months ago I had mentioned the i7 and the approximate time they could be purchased. She put it on her calendar and checked Newegg every day knowing I'd ordered from Newegg in the past. She checked every day until it was available and then had it shipped as fast as possible so it would arrive for my party. I couldn't even express my disbelief when I opened the package. She determined what to buy based on reviews she found on the internet and Newegg. She is the best ;). I hope to have it put together tomorrow.

That's phenomenal. I don't care how good you treat her already, do better and more of it.