Latest Chrome and mouse issues

Phaetos

Jan 27, 2005
So I got a Roccat Kone Pure mouse with programmable buttons. Everything has been working just fine till earlier this week. Chrome went spastic for some reason and was running in developer mode and kept bombing out, so I reinstalled Chrome. After that, it started seemingly randomly crashing the Chrome process. It would hang up, go to Not Responding, then allow me to close it. I finally noticed that when I use my programmable buttons, aside from the normal left/right clicks, Chrome would crash. So I stopped using the buttons I had assigned for web browsing, and it works just fine. Today I tested it with IE 11, no problems.

So is this a Chrome bug or some new incompatibilty with my mouse driver/software that Chrome doesn't like?

Sattern

Jul 20, 2014
Skylercompany.com
I've had a problem with chrome the past month or so, but every week the problems would stop.

Just wait for an update before you come to any serious conclusions.

It works flawlessly for me now so an update might bring things up to speed.

Last edited:

Phaetos

Jan 27, 2005
It's just strange that Chrome went stupid and switched into developer mode on its own, and then my mouse started acting wonky with it. Maybe a fresh install of Chrome will fix it.

Phaetos

Jan 27, 2005
Is this with the stable/beta release channel, or are you using dev?

I was using the stable latest version. I dunno how it flipped to Dev mode and went dumb. But whatever the problem was, it has disappeared now. Far as I know Chrome hasn't updated, and there are no new drivers/firmware for my mouse. Dunno ... but oh well ...

TheRyuu

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2005
I had issues on the dev channel where a tab would freeze with certain websites, sometimes only when using the back button or visiting certain pages on a site. I wonder if this is the same problem, if so I don't think it has to do with your mouse and might just be a chrome issue.

I'm on the beta channel now and it's working fine. Probably just dev channel being dev.