lastpass for me?

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
Seems like once a week i have to login/password recover something for a random site i use maybe once a month.

I've been thinking about switching to lastpass but wondering to what extent.

I'm not very creative in terms of passwords and usernames so they are a variation of a few select stuff. So i figure you get one, you should be able to get all others in short time.

All these websites now are upping the password requirements and its harder for me to remember which site has a symbol or which has 3 caps.

Just wondering for all you lastpass or other Password manager apps, do you use it for EVERYTHING?

I'm thinking of using it to manage the forums, shopping sites and other randoms sites. But not include my finance stuff, i think thats too many eggs in one basket.

Last edited:

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
KeePassX. Use it for everything. Password managers are better than not.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I've been using Keepass for a while now. It's just easier when you have a gaggle of usernames and passwords.

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
how are these on mobile phones? mainly android

Looks like i have to pay $12/year to have it work on my phone as well.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
how are these on mobile phones? mainly android

Looks like i have to pay $12/year to have it work on my phone as well.

KeePass is both gratis and libre, but doesn't have a "cloud" element. It's up to you to sync/propagate it amongst your various computers.

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
Saw some YouTube video on people syncing up to Google drive/Dropbox.

I'm more concerned about the copy n paste of the PW on the phone. My tablet isn't the best when I tell it to copy.

ReddFour

Nov 23, 2015
I used to use last pass until recently when they were bought by logmein who have a history of ripping customers off. I imported everything into keypass and now use that.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Doesn't lastpass integrate with "the cloud?" If so I wouldn't trust it.

Personally use keypass for passwords that the PWDhash addon for Firefox/Palemoon can't work with.

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
I've been testing just my useless accounts with lastpass since I orginally posted.

I like it overall. Just curious how it works on my android and ipad. I didn't try the pay version. My main question is say I'm using the amazon android app, will it know where the fields are?

I understand it's $1/month. Is there any discounts if I buy a year or 5 years? Also any deals that float around?

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I've been testing just my useless accounts with lastpass since I orginally posted.

I like it overall. Just curious how it works on my android and ipad. I didn't try the pay version. My main question is say I'm using the amazon android app, will it know where the fields are?

I understand it's $1/month. Is there any discounts if I buy a year or 5 years? Also any deals that float around?
The one problem with lastpass is that you can't sort passwords for a site. That's not really a problem 99% of the time but if you have a site like gmail and you happen to have several dozen accounts, it can get tedious trying to locate the login you want.

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001
On Android when lastpass detects a matching form it will ask you what to do, you can copy the Username or Password to your clipboard by clicking a button. You don't have to highlight and copy anything.