*** LAST ROUND *** Please Correct my GRAMMAR

Bluga

Banned
Nov 28, 2000
To whom it may concern:

As a Computer Engineering student, I am seeking an intern position relating to web development for your team during summer.

My desire for a career in computer engineering extends back to my pre-college days when I took mathematics and science courses required for entering this major and since then I have been attached to the field of computing. My classroom education along with work experience has given me valuable insights of today?fs industry, both academically and professionally. I am highly motivated and have a desire to thrive in a high-pressure, entrepreneurial environment. I took great pride in performing high quality works and believe that my knowledge plus professional experience in IT area would make me valuable at your company.

My work at DoCoMoZone.com and has allowed me to prove my abilities. I designed a data-driven news management system using ASP and Access database and coded the HTML and VBScripts behind each Web page, integrated artwork, text, and animations. I also gathered extensive knowledge of the web development process. Through this experience I further developed problem solving and analytical skills as well as my ability to work effectively.

Enclosed is a resume that summarizes my qualifications. I will be glad to provide any addition information that you may require and welcome the opportunities to speak with the appropriate person about current or anticipated offerings. Thank you for your consideration.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
The length of the paragraphs is a little small for indentation.

Also, take out the sentence starting "My desire...". It's not needed.

"high quality works That's a bit 'iffy' IMHO.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
To whom it may concern:

As a Computer Engineering student, I am seeking an intern position relating to web development for your team during summer.

My desire for a career in computer engineering extends back to my pre-college days when I took the mathematics and science courses required for entering this major. Ever since then I have been attached to the field of computing. My classroom education and work experience have given me valuable insights into both the academic and professional interests of today's _______ (computer; high-tech?) industry. I am highly motivated and have a desire to thrive in a pressure filled, entrepreneurial environment. I take great pride in performing the highest quality work, and believe that my knowledge and professional experience in the IT field will be a valuable asset to your company.

Furthermore, my work at DoCoMoZone.com has allowed me to illustrate my abilities. I designed a data-driven news management system using ASP and Access database, and coded the HTML and VBScripts behind each Web page, integrated piece of artwork, text, and animation. I also gathered extensive knowledge of the web development process. Through this experience I further developed problem solving and analytical skills as well as my ability to work effectively.

Enclosed is a resume that summarizes my qualifications. I gladly provide any addition information that you may require, and I welcome the opportunity to speak with the appropriate person about current or anticipated offerings. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Knock yourself out, and good luck with the internship:)

Insanitation

Jan 13, 2001
I would definitely get rid of "To Whom it May Concern". Most likely this won't be read by a secretary.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Personally I don't see anything wrong with the statement "To whom it may concern," as it is considered at least fairly professional. However, the business sector can have some pretty funky writing opinions sometime, and so it's really up to you whether or not you'd like to include it.

C'DaleRider

Jan 13, 2000
To whom it may concern:

I am a Computer Engineering student and seek an intern position in web development for your team during summer.

I have wanted a career in computer engineering since my pre-college days when I began taking mathematics and science courses required for entering this major.
My classroom education, along with work experience, has given me valuable insights of today's industry. I am highly motivated and have a desire to thrive in a high-pressure, entrepreneurial environment. I take great pride in performing high quality work and believe my knowledge and professional IT experience would make me a valuable addition for your company.

My work at DoCoMoZone.com has allowed me to develop and expand my abilities including designing a data-driven news management system using ASP and Access database. Through this experience I enhanced my problem solving and analytical skills as well as my ability to work effectively.

My resume summarizes my qualifications. I will be glad to provide any addition information that you may require, and welcome the opportunities to speak with you about current or anticipated offerings. Thank you for your consideration.

This is a much more active voiced letter........and in the third paragraph, you don't want to rehash your resume. It should detail your work experience, not your cover letter.

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Dear <insert name of person who'll be the first to read this opening letter and it's attached apllication and support documents>,

I am a Computer Engineering student in search of a summer intern position related to Web development.

I have been consumed by the multi-faceted field of computing technology since my experiences in pre-University courses in Mathematics and Science.

I have an insatiable passion for personal and professional participation in the industry. I am highly motivated and I thrive in high-pressure, entrepreneurial environments.

I take pride in high-quality work. I believe that my knowledge and Information Technology industry experience can make me a valuable asset of your company.

For example, at DoCoMoZone.com I designed a data-driven news management system using ASP and Access database. I coded the HTML and VBScripts behind each Web page, and integrated the artwork, text, and animations.

I have extensive knowledge of Web development processes. I challenge myself to continuously improve my problem-solving and analytical evaluation skills.

Enclosed, please find my resume. I am also pleased to provide you any additional evaluating information that you might request.

Thank you for your consideration. I may be contacted at (123) 456-7890.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Ug is right, you want to have the persons name who will be reading the letter on there. That shows you cared enough to look up the information before applying, and will help impress the potential employer.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Yo:

As a Computer Engineering student, WASSSSSSUPPPPPP!!!!!!!! I's seeking an intern position relating to web development fo yo team during summatime.

I wants a career in com engineering extends since my high school days when I took mathematics and science courses yo. My classroom edumacation and workin at them other places has give me valuable look-see to todays industry, professionally. I can geey my ass out of bed in the morning and have been able to comtinue working even after the shooting starts. I took great pride in performing high quality works and believe that my expeirance in IT would make me an awesome worker at your company yo.

While I worked at bigbooty.com and them other places, allowed me to prove my abilities. I designed a interoffice message system based on winpopup to communicate with all the purty ladies. The project included integrated artwork, text, and animations Even the option to include pictures in the message yo. I also gathered extensive knowledge of the interoffice dating process. Through this experience I further developed problem solving and analytical skills as well as my ability to handle more than one girlfriend at a time.

Enclosed is a resume that summarizes my qualifications. I will be glad to provide any addition information that you want to see.

Thank you for your consideration. yo.

Bluga

Banned
Nov 28, 2000
Last Round ;)

Dear Recruiter:

As a Computer Engineering student, I am in search of a summer intern position for your team during summer.

I have been consumed by the multi-faceted field of computing technology since my experiences in pre-University courses in Mathematics and Science. My classroom education, along with work experience, has given me valuable insights of today's industry. I take great pride in performing the highest quality work, and believe my knowledge and professional IT experience will be a valuable addition for your company.

For example, my work at DoCoMoZone.com / Bluga.com has allowed me to develop and expand my abilities including designing a data-driven news management system using ASP and Access database. I also coded the HTML and VBScripts behind each Web page, integrated artwork, text, and animations. Through this experience I further challenge myself to continuously improve my problem-solving and analytical evaluation skills.

Enclosed is a resume that summarizes my qualifications. I will be glad to provide any addition information that you may require, and I welcome the opportunity to speak with the appropriate person about current or anticipated offerings. Thank you for your time and consideration

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
<< I am in search of a summer intern position for your team during summer >>
Deparment of Redundancy Department.

<< computing technology >>
Computer technology.

<< valuable addition for your company >>
...to your company

<< ASP and Access database >>
ASP and an Access database ... or ... ASP and Access databases

<< current or anticipated offerings >>