Last resort (TV show) thread

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Anyone else watch the premier? I didn't have high expectations for it, but I really liked the first episode. For anyone who likes Tom Clancy - esque stuff, this is a must watch.

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003
I'm sure it'll be be better than Revolution (which is an epic FAIL).

arrfep

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2006
Bump. It's available on Hulu right now. I thought the pilot was pretty good, quite engaging.

But...I can't imagine what they're going to fill an entire season with.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
I thought the premier was tonight 9/27?

Episode one has been available online for several weeks.

I saw it. It was VERY close to jumping the shark in the first episode. Kind of ridiculous plot, but I like the tone and the theme, so I'll give it a chance.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Episode one has been available online for several weeks.

Wish I had known that :(

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2172103/

I hope it's good especially with a decent cast like this:

Series cast summary:
Andre Braugher ...
Capt. Marcus Chaplin (2 episodes, 2012)
Scott Speedman ...
XO Sam Kendal (2 episodes, 2012)
Daisy Betts ...
Lieutenant Grace Shepard (2 episodes, 2012)
Dichen Lachman ...
Tani Tumrejak (2 episodes, 2012)
Daniel Lissing ...
James King (2 episodes, 2012)
Sahr Ngaujah ...
Julian Serrat (2 episodes, 2012)
Autumn Reeser ...
Kylie Sinclair (2 episodes, 2012)
Jessy Schram ...
Christine Kendal (2 episodes, 2012)
Robert Patrick ...
Joseph Prosser (2 episodes, 2012)

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
So much going on but I wonder how much they can do from here as said above and not have a ton of filler like a bunch of episodes with that island gangster guy.

Robert Patrick

Too bad they are doing the typecast and making him the villain again it looks like.

Rumpltzer

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
I'd be a national hero if I could just invent some sort of technology that could prevent detection of aircraft. It seems like we should have been able to come up with something like that by now.

Like, maybe if we had enough computer processing power to make like a spikey or faceted airframe stay aloft despite being all misshapen and non-aerodynamic.

The chick from Dollhouse. I love the exotic look. She makes me all tingley down there.

The chick in DC... my god... I couldn't stop looking at her.

I'll ignore the stupid stuff and keep watching... 'cause apparently, only hot chicks get put onto subs, work in small island bars, and for govt contractors. It's true. It's gotta be true. It better be true when I show up for work tomorrow.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Just watched it. I enjoyed it more than I expected. The captain is perfectly cast - always liked him in House. I'll keep watching.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I'd be a national hero if I could just invent some sort of technology that could prevent detection of aircraft. It seems like we should have been able to come up with something like that by now.

Like, maybe if we had enough computer processing power to make like a spikey or faceted airframe stay aloft despite being all misshapen and non-aerodynamic.

Are you talking about the bombers they detected?

If so did they say what ones they were and remember they were still using the subs systems to detect them and if they are able to figure out what ship fired on them they probably were still plugged into some kind of shared military network.

It seems like only certain individuals were trying to get them to fire as a way to keep the current president in power as it sounded like he was in the process of getting kicked out.

arrfep

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2006

Whaaaaaat? Thanks for pointing that out, RossMAN. Makes me more likely to have faith. Terriers was one of my favorite shows ever.

So much going on but I wonder how much they can do from here as said above and not have a ton of filler like a bunch of episodes with that island gangster guy.

I fear it will become like Lost without any mystery...basically a soap opera on an island.

I hope it ends up something more like A-Team With A Nuke-Armed Submarine

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Whaaaaaat? Thanks for pointing that out, RossMAN. Makes me more likely to have faith. Terriers was one of my favorite shows ever.

You're welcome and I have some faith, some. Shawn Ryan has produced some of my favorite TV shows including:

Nash Bridges (no laughing please)
The Shield
The Unit
Terriers
The Chicago Code

I fear it will become like Lost without any mystery...basically a soap opera on an island.

I share the same fears and concerns, you're probably right.

I hope it ends up something more like A-Team With A Nuke-Armed Submarine

That would be freaking awesome. Let's hope it lasts for at least 3 seasons, doubtful but I can dream.