Last night's town hall: Trump said we will defeat the virus with "herd mentality". What is herd mentality?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
From last night's town hall. Trump was also asked his objection to mask wearing. He said "because people don't like wearing them" cited a waiter as his source.

Honestly, I didn't watch it, heard snippets this morning. Feel free to educate us as to this new "herd mentality strategy Trump promoted last night.

Also feel free to post any other interesting Trump pods of wisdom from that Q&A session.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I posted a video with a bunch of clips in the Donald Trump thread. There is some comedy gold in there.

I saw a few other questions where he basically completely ignored the question and starts talking about his polling numbers.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
From last night's town hall. Trump was also asked his objection to mask wearing. He said "because people don't like wearing them" cited a waiter as his source.

Honestly, I didn't watch it, heard snippets this morning. Feel free to educate us as to this new "herd mentality strategy Trump promoted last night.

Also feel free to post any other interesting Trump pods of wisdom from that Q&A session.

Herd mentality is the mindset that led people to unthinkingly vote for Trump!

As for herd immunity... well, that's the thing that will only happen in a reasonable timeframe if an effective vaccine is available, but Trump wouldn't understand that.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
I think he has a good understanding of his *herd* and their mentality. It's probably something embedded into his brain by master Putin.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
lol this guy think Trump has ONE gaff worthy of a thread. Christ, we would need an entire forum just for Biden's

Wait, you're seriously making that claim when Trump makes gaffes virtually every time he speaks? On a level that makes Biden look like the very model of eloquence?

I know you've said you don't want Trump, but you sure go to great lengths to downplay his faults while exaggerating Biden's.

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah I saw a clip this morning sounded like he said it multiple times but I get the point his best words were about mentality.
In a way I kind of understand the point it was sort of an ambush, the three people who claimed to be undecided voters were obviously not planning on voting for Trump.
Given our current times, I cannot imagine there being an intelligent, non mentally disabled undecided voter. I’m not particularly interested or moved by an undecided voter who has a severe learning disability.
However, the point is these are regular voters asking the questions. They were not Biden or bust folks or Bros or MAGA followers. The three I heard asked regular voter type questions, one woman even interrupted the President saying “let me finish”. I think I heard on CNN these voters all had the opinion the President works for them and not they are subjects of the President.

Reactions: Jaskalas

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yeah I saw a clip this morning sounded like he said it multiple times but I get the point his best words were about mentality.
In a way I kind of understand the point it was sort of an ambush, the three people who claimed to be undecided voters were obviously not planning on voting for Trump.
Given our current times, I cannot imagine there being an intelligent, non mentally disabled undecided voter. I’m not particularly interested or moved by an undecided voter who has a severe learning disability.
However, the point is these are regular voters asking the questions. They were not Biden or bust folks or Bros or MAGA followers. The three I heard asked regular voter type questions, one woman even interrupted the President saying “let me finish”. I think I heard on CNN these voters all had the opinion the President works for them and not they are subjects of the President.

The questions were fair. It seems more like the dotard in chief is just full of shit, shocking, I know.

Nov 8, 2012
He just became the first person to make my ignore list. I love debate but my 4 year old is more sophisticated in her line of reasoning...

Opposing points of views can be so difficult on frail little minds ;)

Best to stick with one-sided opinions where they all universally agree with you. YAY! Debate won!

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I hereby declare that all Trump stumpers, Trumptards, Trumpkins, MAGAts, MAGA Army, the Qless and any and all associated boot lickers and quislings shall henceforth be referred to as “The Herd”.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005

I mean it is possible that they are undecided about who they are going to vote for but know that Trump is not in their top 3.
But, overall it is hard to call this a 'ambush' when it was negotiated ahead of time. Trump decided to go into this forum, knowing who was putting it on, and that he would be asked question by people that were not vetted by his team.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Opposing points of views can be so difficult on frail little minds ;)

Best to stick with one-sided opinions where they all universally agree with you. YAY! Debate won!

You must have graduated valedictorian from Trump U if you cannot tell the difference between a gaffe and a decision that causes hundreds of deaths.

Reactions: DarthKyrie