Last friday ABC aired a report on Motorcyclists on World News Report...

Oct 9, 1999
I didnt see it .. but I am reading the bashing ABC is getting from the motorcycle community and from teh AMA.

Sounds like every other motorcycle "news" report I have seen. KCAL9 did one and that too was left hanging. I am yet to email them and let htem know that their report was useless in info.. had nothing worth telling and yet they aired it. I have that Kcal9 report.. so if you want to see 30 mb of nonsense.. let me know.

ABC News Boards

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
What was the report on? And what was KCAL's report? I hope it wasn't that old guy on KCAL, man is he annoying. Or was it channel 5. I forget, but there's this old guy on some station there that's an arse.

Oct 9, 1999

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: The_good_guy
Originally posted by: diskop
What was the report on? And what was KCAL's report? I hope it wasn't that old guy on KCAL, man is he annoying. Or was it channel 5. I forget, but there's this old guy on some station there that's an arse.

KCAL's Jerry Dunphy's is dead (died recently).

Anyway the video is at Officespace.dyndns.org - Grab teh file called KCAL - its a Divx 5.0.2 - a bit of crackle is there but that's teh divx codec's fault cant seem to get rid of it

Nah, not Jerry Dunphy. He was a good guy. I mean the guy that's still on the air right now. I think he's on 5. He has those "editorial" things that he does?

Oct 9, 1999

Anyway the video is at Officespace.dyndns.org - Grab teh file called KCAL - its a Divx 5.0.2 - a bit of crackle is there but that's teh divx codec's fault cant seem to get rid of it

Nah, not Jerry Dunphy. He was a good guy. I mean the guy that's still on the air right now. I think he's on 5. He has those "editorial" things that he does?

Ahh you mean Hal Fishman.... he is cool.. much less irritating than dunphy's voice. Hal Fishman is a USC teacher too.. so the guy is cool.

Oh if you get time download the UPN file.. that is another report from UPN 13 taken a while back.. much better reporting.

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001

Ahh you mean Hal Fishman.... he is cool.. much less irritating than dunphy's voice. Hal Fishman is a USC teacher too.. so the guy is cool.

Oh if you get time download the UPN file.. that is another report from UPN 13 taken a while back.. much better reporting.

Great, I see you just put up the UPN file. I'm almost done with the abc7 one. I'll grab UPN next.
I had no idea he was a USC prof. What does he teach? Journalism? That's interesting. But he's up to senior status on the newscast so I guess they let him do whatever he wants.

Oct 9, 1999
Oh the ABC & CBS one was about the report of the guy evading the police doing 120mph on the freeway.. not the ABC World Report.

Sorry I should have made it clear.

Yeah I believe he teaches Journalism or Mass Comm. I know Marta Waller teaches too at USC.

bUnMaNGo

Feb 9, 2000
man, that forum is too hard to read. I guess I'm spoiled by ATOT :p Downloading at 4.5k/s :(

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: bUnMaNGo
man, that forum is too hard to read. I guess I'm spoiled by ATOT :p Downloading at 4.5k/s :(

Sorry I am capped at 128 or 192kb.. which is good for about 22kb/s upload cap (I know this because I was uploading 3 files from my server earlier today from else where and I got them at a total of 22kb/s).

bUnMaNGo

Feb 9, 2000
Wait, what was the ABC report about? I'm confused... I downloaded your abc.avi, and that was the motorcycle chase from a few weeks ago. I'm downloading kcal.avi now though.

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: bUnMaNGo
Wait, what was the ABC report about? I'm confused... I downloaded your abc.avi, and that was the motorcycle chase from a few weeks ago. I'm downloading kcal.avi now though.

I saw the ABC one, I think they were saying the guy was being reckless and endangering other motorists. I'm surprised the guy didn't fall once while going 120mph+. Browser crashed while I was downloading the other ones. Damn that Ringu trailer!

bUnMaNGo

Feb 9, 2000
hrmm, I just woke up and the kcal vid finished downloading... watched it, and I agree, it's useless. Just like that "True Life: I'm a Street Racer" episode that aired on MTV a few weeks ago.