Laser printer for ubuntu 12.04

Arcadio

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2007
Anyone can recommend a good laser printer that works with Ubuntu 12.04? The printer needs to be wireless, but it will be use a USB connection to the Ubuntu machine.

TSDible

Golden Member
Nov 4, 1999
I've had great luck with Brother lasers...

I have an MFC device... I haven't gotten the scanning part working, but apparently you can get that working with a bit of know how as well.

The printer portion was basically plug and play using linux mint (ubuntu variant). I even use the network printing capability.

tuxberg

Mar 18, 2013
Bought the (see amazon link) Brother wireless laser not too long ago for my home office and it works fine with my Chromebook, Linux (Ubuntu/Fedora) Laptops, and Windows7/8 Desktops. Not the snappiest laser printer I have ever owned, but for the price I can't complain.

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003
I've been pretty happy with my Samsung ML-2525W. It does require you to download and install the driver directly from the Samsung website, but it works fine.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I have a brother MFC, not at home now so I'm not sure the exact model, but it did work out of the box. The scanner is another story though, it's a pretty complex ordeal to get to work so I just did not bother, I rarely scan stuff.