Largest Israeli strike on Gaza just days after truce with Hamas ends

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Originally posted by: freshgeardude
so? its called pre-caution.
And if the Arabs preempted the displacement of Palestinians by displacing 400,000 Israeli civilians first, surely you wouldn't be excusing that as a justified pre-caution, would you?

NoShangriLa

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2006
The pudding.

Major Israeli settlement 'unlawful'

Israeli settlements on occupied territory are seen as illegal by the rest of the world. But now an Israeli human rights group is saying that even under Israeli law, one of the most significant and well-established settlements is unlawful.

The human rights group B'tselem has published a report in which it states that almost 60% of the settlement of Ofra has been built on land which remains in private Palestinian ownership...

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Forgive me for being ignorant...

Hamas shoots some rockets over and Israel unleashes hell but don't the Israelis have the money and the capability to take Hamas out without resorting to a this sort of awesome firepower?
Don't they have all the pictures of Hamas leadership on the board somewhere? Why not pull some CIA shit and take them out?

The response just seems way out of proportion; what is the end game?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: NoShangriLa
The pudding.

Israeli settlements on occupied territory are seen as illegal by the rest of the world. But now an Israeli human rights group is saying that even under Israeli law, one of the most significant and well-established settlements is unlawful.

The human rights group B'tselem has published a report in which it states that almost 60% of the settlement of Ofra has been built on land which remains in private Palestinian ownership...

your point??

Julius Shark

Banned
Dec 28, 2008
We need to stop tip toeing around terrorists, like Hamas.

It's very good to kill a bunch of them. I favor killing all Hamas connected members.

Bravo, Israel!

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: palehorse
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: palehorse

I honestly believe that Palestinian terrorists and others will continue to strike at Israel even if they concede all of the "occupied" territories and allow a separate state.

There will always be a fanatic element within the Palestinian population -- and elsewhere -- who will not settle for anything less than the total removal of Israel from the Middle East.

Sad that...

Yeap, there always will be that element. The mass, organized resistance will fall away however because there simply isn't the public support for it.

I referenced this in an edit to my other post.
Unfortunately, I believe that "element" is much larger than you know...

Right now it appears to be about 15% of Palestinians according to public opinion polling. This is at the height on an intolerable situation and is probably not representative of the long term appeal for the position.
You are ignoring the vast array of international players who support said element through funding, training, and whatever else it takes to keep them fighting against the very existence of Israel. Saddam was not the only foreign leader who enjoyed funding this conflict...

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Zebo
Originally posted by: WhipperSnapper
Originally posted by: Zebo
I am proud of Israel that they have had enough and took action and now finish this task by retaking the Gaza quickly from the terrorists. I hope they kill all the terrorists and vermin even if some innocents have to die because this war has to end and can't end when dealing with people who only want you exterminated.

I'm wondering if it might be possible to just forcibly relocate all of the Gaza people over to the West Bank and to then annex Gaza. It seems like they're having an awful lot of trouble over such a small strip of land. They could call it compensation for all of the suicide bombings, etc.

Of course they could should and would be perfectly justified since all the rules of warfare and postwar settlement dictate when attacks are relentless from a neighbor you have a right to a buffer zone. These same rules entitled Italy to keep the Algo Adige despite being ethnic German after World War I. These same rules allowed the French to incorporate the Alsace-Lorraine despite being 95% German. And the United States to incorporate the western States from Mexico. These rules shouldn't suddenly cease to apply when it comes to Israel and Israel could do itself a favor by defending their rights instead of constant chamberlain overtures and bowing to international bullying.

What I have in mind is not for Gaza to end up being 95% Palestinian but rather for Israel to expel all of the Palestinians to other countries--to empty it out of people--and to then take possession of it.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: OyeveWell put. If the world gave a tenth of much to poor Arab countries then they too can be prosperous as isreal. But the fact is we all side finacially for isreal because of political jew influences. It really sickens me.

The Arabs and Palestinians have an irrational, self-destructive, religious mystic philosophy. It is not an accident that the likes of the Taliban and Al Queda sprang from the Muslim religion. It is not an accident that women in many Arab countries are treated as chattel devoid of individual rights.

It the Palestinians received aid money (which, presumably, they already do) they would just squander it and/or fight amongst themselves over it rather than put it to productive use.

If you are at all intellectually honest, then at some point you Isreal and Jew haters need to accept the fact that secular Judiasm and Western Civilization are far, far superior philosophies to the Islamic philosophy. It is also notable that Ashkenazi Jews tend to have one of (if not the) the world's highest average IQs which you can't say for the Arabs and the Palestinians.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
Now...why would they want to control that land...in order to better defend kibbutzes and Jewish settlements perhaps? In order to prepare for the Arab attempt to exterminate the Jews that they knew was coming?
And if instead the Arabs armies had acted first, displacing 400,000 Israeli civilians in order to better defend Palestinian farms and towns? In preparation of impending Israeli attempts to drive Arabs out of the region? Surely you wouldn't be defending that, eh?

I'm saying that perhaps the Arabs were already attacking the kibbutzes. Take all of your knowledge about the Islamic philosophy and culture and the Jewish philosophy and culture and ask yourself which group was more likely to initiate the hostilities. The relatively secular Jews who embrace Western Civilization and who were dramatically outnumbered or the people who follow the same philosophy and religion that gave birth to Al Queda and the Taliban? You really don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out.

Do you dispute that the Islamic philosophy is primitive, barbaric, and bloodthirsty compared to the Jewish philosophy?

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Oyeve
What everyone who is ignorant (which is a LOT of people) fail to realize is that the US and most of the world hates Isreal (because it is a CONSTANT thorn in our sides) is that the isrealis are terrorists themselves. Since the holocaust they think the whole fucking world owes them SOMETHING. We dont, fuck em all, if they cant get their shit together after over 5000 years, fuck em. As I stated before, the fucking jews out number every mofo for 1000s of years but chose to remain docile until the time is right because they are such pussies. They could have left egypt by sheer numbers but chose not to because of their stupid fucking religion. Do some fucking reasearch. You guys keep blathering about shit you have no fucking clue about! DO SOME FUCKING HOMEWORK for once in you pathetic lives! The jews and isrealis are no fucking better than the motherfuckers who fucked then over for centuries! Are you so fucking clueless as to why most of the world HATES THE FUCKING JEWS!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?! do some research, you will find that the mofo jews are basicallly the fourth fucking REICH! God I cant believe the fucking stupidity of the responeses of this post!!!! I spent YEARS in Isreal to get a mofo clue and you know what? They are motherfucking wrong and want to be the fucking supreme fucking religion in the fucking world! Wake up assholes! The fucking JEWS own the fucking world and the PUSSY nations let them! I swear, I wish they got fucking NUKED offf the face of the world as well as the mother fucking stupid Musilim nations who hate the mother fucking Irsrealites. The world needs a fucking fresh start from these fucking religious retards! Judaism is more fucking corrupt than ANY FUCKING religion EVER! They are the MOST adulterist relgion in the fucking world and the USfuckingA let's them be! I guarentee over 90% of you fucking idiots work at a fucking job RUN BY JEWS and you let them. For those of you who agree with me let me know, for those who dont, fuck you all! I am of jew ethnicity, my wife also are are our children and I WOULD NEVER TEACH THEM THE WAY OF THE JEW! We are Agnostic and find any mother fucking religion written by a stupid mother fucking HUMAN to be a fucking joke! The JEWS are the 4th REICH wether you are to pussy to realize it or not, they are. The fucking holocaust is fucking over! MOVE THE FUCK ON! But they decided to move on by doint THE SAME FUCKINGSHIT HITLER WANTED! GENO-FUCKING-SIDE! And most of you assholes agree with this shit! Fucking ignorant stupid mother fuckers! I have BEEN THERE IN FUCKING ISREAL AND LISTENED TO THE MOST HORRENDOUS SHIT their military spewed! I litereally vomited and then decided to HATE MOFOISEREAL with a passion. No, I dont condone killing them. But the WHOLE FUCKING WORLD WOULD BE BETTER WITHOUT ISREAL! And I am a Motherfucking JEW. My wife is a jew and HATES ISREAL with a passion that is so enormous you stupid assholes who think isreal is in the right for the attrocities they have given SO FUCKING many nations would think TWICE! Until you have been there, done that, I suggest either you STFU or do you mother fucking reasearch!

Peace, I willl NOT POST TO THIS MOST STUPID IGNORANT thread anymore, due to a ban or not, you (mostly) idiots are not worth responding anymore to. This thread is dead to me. I ANYONE wants to meet me face to face PM me. I am more than ready. :)

Awesome post. Sometimes you need to get stuff off your chest and I say, if that's how you really feel, then let it all hang out! Thank you for revealing your closet Nazism to us while also confirming that you are a complete moron.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: JS80
Originally posted by: OyeveAre you so fucking clueless as to why most of the world HATES THE FUCKING JEWS!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?! do some research, you will find that the mofo jews are basicallly the fourth fucking REICH! God I cant believe the fucking stupidity of the responeses of this post!!!! I spent YEARS in Isreal to get a mofo clue and you know what? They are motherfucking wrong and want to be the fucking supreme fucking religion in the fucking world! Wake up assholes! The fucking JEWS own the fucking world and the PUSSY nations let them! I swear, I wish they got fucking NUKED offf the face of the world as well as the mother fucking stupid Musilim nations who hate the mother fucking Irsrealites.

Your mother and your ancestors would be so proud of jew. I mean you.

Jewish blood or not you're a pathetic human being. I know people like you, rich self loathing jews who's grandparents gave them a huge inheritence and live in mansions while you berate your own people and country which your grandparents toiled so hard create all the while converting to atheism. I hope your children are not as pathetic as you are.

Maybe he didn't inherit the higher than average Ashkenazi Jewish IQ but instead ended up with a significantly below average IQ and thus doesn't appreciate the IQ-inheritance that he missed out on?

For the record, there's nothing wrong with being born Jewish and into Jewish culture and then converting to atheism and perhaps even becoming an intransigent atheist while still respecting and appreciating the excellent secular Jewish culture.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: OyeveI am not a JEW by religion, I had no choice. I am not rich, I live check too check like most NYers who pay rent to Hasidic Jewish slumlords, I am no hasidic douchebag landlord raping NYC renters trying to live in a decent yet rat infested apartment in NY. I am Agnostic and proud of it.

You are living in an area of extreme population density and thus tremendous demand for real estate. If you really feel that you're being taken advantage of, have you ever considered just leaving New York City and the state of New York for greener pastures where the cost of living relative to your income would be much lower than what it is in New York? I think you're wrong to blame landlords for trying to earn what profits the free market will allow. Give the NYC landlords the middle finger and lower the population density and demand for housing slightly by moving someplace else, seriously.

Oct 30, 2004
Again, over 400,000 Arabs got kicked out of their towns and villages, across both sides of the U.N. partition plan, before the Arab nations went to ware against Israel.

Were they really "kicked out" or did they just up and leave on their own in anticipation of the Arab nations' slaughtering the Jews (with their help), intending to return afterwards?

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Again, over 400,000 Arabs got kicked out of their towns and villages, across both sides of the U.N. partition plan, before the Arab nations went to ware against Israel.

Were they really "kicked out" or did they just up and leave on their own in anticipation of the Arab nations' slaughtering the Jews (with their help), intending to return afterwards
That is what a lot of people claim.

They left to avoid the coming war and then were surprised when Israel had the audacity to win.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: dbk
Forgive me for being ignorant...

Hamas shoots some rockets over and Israel unleashes hell but don't the Israelis have the money and the capability to take Hamas out without resorting to a this sort of awesome firepower?
Don't they have all the pictures of Hamas leadership on the board somewhere? Why not pull some CIA shit and take them out?

The response just seems way out of proportion; what is the end game?
Everyone knew what Hitler looked like, but no one tried to walk into Germany and just kill the guy...

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
The problem that makes sensible discussion of the Israel/Palestine issue impossible between supporters of Israel on one side and of the Palestine on the other is that each side has assumptions that are never stated but which are inconsistent with assumptions made by the other side. Those who side with the Palestinians make the assumption that Palestinians are entitled to human rights, which is incompatible with the assumption that the Israeli colonial project is entitled to proceed in land taken from the Palestinians.

Every colonial project, creates a class of people who forfeit those rights, human rights. You cannot make a colony in land occupied by indigenous people without ethnically cleansing these who are in the way. Nothing Israel has done to the Palestinians in the past, is doing now or will do in the future is any worse than the cleansing of native un-Americans in the establishment of the USA or the similar cleansing of aboriginal un-Australians in the similar colonizing of Australia. The colonial projects in the US and Australia have mostly been completed, and the necessary killing receded from public consciousness, but the Israeli project is still in the dispossession phase, the necessary final solution to the Palestinian question has not been achieved.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: BMW540I6speed
The problem that makes sensible discussion of the Israel/Palestine issue impossible between supporters of Israel on one side and of the Palestine on the other is that each side has assumptions that are never stated but which are inconsistent with assumptions made by the other side. Those who side with the Palestinians make the assumption that Palestinians are entitled to human rights, which is incompatible with the assumption that the Israeli colonial project is entitled to proceed in land taken from the Palestinians.
And the Israeli's make the assumption that they are entitled to life, which is incompatible with the beliefs of Hamas.

From their own charter:
"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it"

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews."

keird

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: BMW540I6speed
And the Israeli's make the assumption that they are entitled to life, which is incompatible with the beliefs of Hamas.

From their own charter:
"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it"

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews."

That famous, old, tricky defensive maneuver... the Gharkad Tree Gambit!

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: freshgeardude
oh and by the way TheSnowman, you say its from Israeli occupancy which is why this conflict is occurring. well lets look back at 1948.
I assure you again, I am familiar with the history.

However, I don't see anything in history to justify Israeli troops displacing 400,000 Arab civilians across both sides of the U.N. partition plan, which again happened prior to the Arab nations ever going to war against Israel. Furthermore, I've yet to see any jjustification for Israel's ever expanding colonization of the West Bank.

you're such a fucking blind idiot sad thing is i think you know how biased you are since you are claiming to know your history.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

Were they really "kicked out" or did they just up and leave on their own in anticipation of the Arab nations' slaughtering the Jews (with their help), intending to return afterwards
That is what a lot of people claim.

They left to avoid the coming war and then were surprised when Israel had the audacity to win.

How does the saying go? Something about rats leaving a sinking ship? Too bad they let the rats back in.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: Casawi
They launched rockets at Israel ... because NO ONE, NO ONE ... will defend Palestinians since 1920. The US supports Israelis and their massacres , the British gave them the land.....
I honestly can't even get my thoughts together when talking about this subject... it just kills me.
Fuck the US foreign policy.

Peace

agreed.

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
Originally posted by: eits
They launched rockets at Israel ... because NO ONE, NO ONE ... will defend Palestinians since 1920. The US supports Israelis and their massacres , the British gave them the land.....
I honestly can't even get my thoughts together when talking about this subject... it just kills me.

Peace

agreed.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH! You both make me laugh. NO ONE, NO ONE supports the Palestinians because they are garbage. Everyone knows this.

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
Originally posted by: eits

Peace

agreed.

What about the arabs that lived in the land now called Israel before it was created who now live a very nice lifestyle there? Sure, racism is a problem for both sides but it's a lot better then if there was no Israel.

It was the murderous SOB's that created the current mess the arabs in gaza and west bank are in, and brainwashing of hatred that keeps them there. No arab nation will have them because the see the palis as scum, and if Israel opened the borders and embraced them they would get a knife in the back. When the arabs hatred goes away, then they can live a happy life in peace.

keird

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: NoShangriLa
The pudding.

umm.. my question was this:

The proof is in the pudding. Where are the Palastinian's reinforcments?

The Arabs and Iran just want a proxy war to continue. They're not really going to attack Israel over this. It's be too costly. The attacks by Israel should be enough to deflect any internal discourse of their domestic policies and cause the seething 'Arab Street' to rant and rave about some other drivel that doesn't affect them. Just look at 'em seethe.

But if you want to rationalize Hamas' 'reaction' to this, go ahead. I'm not listenting 'cause FedEx came with my filters for my cat's water dish. Not that anyone from Gaza strip could really comprehend my cat's immense wealth. We just paid a couple hundred to have two of our cat's teeth removed. But the dog destroyed the cat toy. All that money that could have been funneled to Hamas, poof now it's just gone!