Laptop won't come out of standby HD led is not flashing

Berg

Apr 18, 2005
My fathers laptop recently had a virus so I installed a clean version of windows for him. He has a ze5330us from hp. This is not the first time I reinstalled windows for him because of a virus but this time the windows I used had SP2 preloaded.

Everything seems to work fine except the computer can not hibernate at all and freezes on the hibernate screen. Also the computer fails to resume to come out of standby.

I installed new video drivers as well as flashed the bios but nothing seems to work. From what I see the HD doesnt resume when you try to resume the PC and its not a video problem. Is there anything else I can do??? I think its a software problem and not an hardware because the standby and hibernation worked fine before the clean install even with the virus and the only thing that is different is the SP2.

Berg

Apr 18, 2005
I heard SP3 has a lot of problems and not worth it. This comp worked fine without sp2, but i will try it if you think it will work. I also heard problem with the audio or gfx drivers can cause the comp not to come out of standby is this true?

Berg

Apr 18, 2005
I tried SP 3, still doesnt work, the computer will not come out of standby anyone have any other suggestions?? I also tried new bios, and new drivers for video and sound.

TemjinGold

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2006
Since pre-SP2 worked for you, I'd borrow a copy of XP without SP2 preloaded to install with. Your product key should still work.