Laptop suddenly cannot access internet when connected to wireless home network

Goi

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Hi,

I have a Lenovo laptop on Windows 7 that just yesterday was unable to access the internet when connected to my home network wireless. On the laptop I was able to see my other PC on the network, but I'm unable to access the internet nor ping anything. Windows shows that it's currently connected to "Unidentified network - No Internet access".

Tried rebooting, disabling IPv6, enabling network discovery, but didn't help.

The laptop is able to connect to the network, just isn't able to access the internet. My Android phone is however able to connect to the network and access the internet, so I'm not quite sure what's wrong.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
It sounds like the laptop isn't getting an IP address from your router. Have you tried using the Repair option on the wireless connection? That will disable and re-enable the wireless adapter (essentially rebooting it) then try to get a new IP address from the router.

Goi

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yup I believe I did but it didn't solve the problem. It did give a diagnosis on the problem but I can't remember what it was. I'll try it again later and see what it says.

mammador

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2010
Is the SSID correctly configured on the laptop? Is the NIC/wireless card working properly? It could be that the wireless card itself is malfunctioning.