Laptop containing Auburn gameplan stolen

Feb 19, 2001
Text

dumb people. The coach sounds retarded too. $15,000 laptop? Please. If you could walk out with a $15,000 desktop, I would be surprised.. the amount of hardware in that thing must be insane to cost $15,000. I'm sure football game plans aren't stored in super-laptops and they surely don't need $15,000 of CPU power there. I mean a $15,000 desktop would have so many hard drives and video cards and CPUs that the tower itself would be humongous. You couldn't even carry that on your own too easily. Now a $15,000 laptop? Goodness....

Takes a lot or nerve to jack a laptop "with 300-pounders standing around." No offense, but the IQ of football players aren't that high to figure things out that quickly. I'm sure you could just pretend ur IT and grab the laptop and they wouldn't even care. I think what takes more nerve is trying to get in the locker room or whatever.

Someone's got a nice $15k laptop that doesn't know how to get into it? Really? You're telling me you put like 512-bit encryption on football gameplans while organizations keep SSN #s stored in laptops that are unencrypted? I'm anyone on ATOT is smart enough to retrieve data off the laptop hard drives.

I'm sorry, I just feel that the lack of any technological logic here is disturbing.

That said, I still love football and football players. Go Bears.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
I stole it.. and here is Auburn's game plan:

1st down - Irons between tackles
2nd down - Irons off tackle
3rd down - Incomplete screen to Lester

JK! :D

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: DLeRium
dumb people. The coach sounds retarded too. $15,000 laptop? Please. If you could walk out with a $15,000 desktop, I would be surprised.. the amount of hardware in that thing must be insane to cost $15,000. I'm sure football game plans aren't stored in super-laptops and they surely don't need $15,000 of CPU power there. I mean a $15,000 desktop would have so many hard drives and video cards and CPUs that the tower itself would be humongous. You couldn't even carry that on your own too easily. Now a $15,000 laptop? Goodness....

I'd think it the other way around...

A laptop would cost much more than a desktop w/comparable specs. Especially if you had to shrink down everything you mentioned to fit...

SOSTrooper

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2001
They probably calculated in the software costs too. Probably lots of $50 NFL and NCAA games.

aleckz

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2004

Takes a lot or nerve to jack a laptop "with 300-pounders standing around." No offense, but the IQ of football players aren't that high to figure things out that quickly. I'm sure you could just pretend ur IT and grab the laptop and they wouldn't even care. I think what takes more nerve is trying to get in the locker room or whatever.

Umm... football team at my school (Iowa State) has a higher rated GPA than the school average. I'm pretty the person who stole it was on the inside and got paid for stealing it in my opinion.

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
Opposing team stole the $15000 laptop containing the gameplan.
Opposing team players opened up the laptop to look for the gameplan file. Players were cussing in the locker-room because they could not find any paper containing the gameplan drawings in the laptop.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: mooncancook
Opposing team players opened up the laptop to look for the gameplan file. Players were cussing in the locker-room because they could not find any paper containing the gameplan drawings in the laptop.

Its IN the computer!

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Kelvrick
Originally posted by: mooncancook

Its IN the computer!

lol OO OO AH! AH! AH AH AH AH AH! (monkey noises)

Feb 19, 2001
Originally posted by: b0mbrman

I'd think it the other way around...

A laptop would cost much more than a desktop w/comparable specs. Especially if you had to shrink down everything you mentioned to fit...

Well I understand laptops still cost more than desktops, but with $2000 you can build a power desktop,a nd you can also get a power laptop... $15,000 can get you a monster desktop, and surely a monster laptop. Show me a $15,000 laptop.... If $15,000 desktops are impractical to even have becauset hey just have so much crap inside, then I'm sure $15,000 laptops are quite damn impractical too (by impractical I mean by how much crap they have inside not just the price...)

Originally posted by: aleckz

Umm... football team at my school (Iowa State) has a higher rated GPA than the school average. I'm pretty the person who stole it was on the inside and got paid for stealing it in my opinion.

Maybe, but when did football players have very hard majors to begin with?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
What part of "valued at 15,000" don't you get?

reading compreshension. It was valued at 15,000 including all the software, data, etc that was on it.

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
Not to mention that Newton(South Carolina's QB) has a history of stealing laptops.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: spidey07

reading compreshension. It was valued at 15,000 including all the software, data, etc that was on it.

Feb 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Feldenak
Originally posted by: spidey07

If it's valued for $15,000, then it can go on ebay for $15,000.

Maybe they just had Bose speakers with it or something that cost $14,000, and the laptop was the other $1000.

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
oooooooooooooooooooo....maybe this will give us a chance at the iron bowl!! > )

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL TIIIIDDDDDDDEEEEEEEE

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
If it's valued for $15,000, then it can go on ebay for $15,000.

Maybe they just had Bose speakers with it or something that cost $14,000, and the laptop was the other $1000.

look up NPV

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Journer
oooooooooooooooooooo....maybe this will give us a chance at the iron bowl!! > )

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL TIIIIDDDDDDDEEEEEEEE

Auburn owns you in Tuscaloser.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001

I'm sorry, I just feel that the lack of any technological logic here is disturbing.

The lack of your intelligence to understand the difference between value and cost is what's disturbing.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: LikeLinus

The lack of your intelligence to understand the difference between value and cost is what's disturbing.

No kidding.