Laptop Choice

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
I might be able to get a choice as to which work laptop I am able to get when my lease expires. Seems like the best possible options are listed in the poll.

Which would you choose and why?

We have a Notebook forum.
Anandtech Moderator - bsobel

TheNewbie

Jul 17, 2007
I don't like the way the Lenovo/IBM look. They look like bricks with lcd. I'd go with the hp. Though if you can get a dell it'll be your best bet.

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
The T series still looks like the old IBM Thinkpad design. Not sure about the X series, the other Lenovo laptops are all of a different design. They look more ike an HP or a Dell with a cheap curvy plastic shell. I've always liked the IBM Thinkpad design as they feel better made than the other models out there, ie: metal hinges, harder plastic, rubberized coating, etc. I'd probably go with a T60.

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
im leaning heavily toward a t60 since i am currently using a t43 and have used IBM primarily in years past and have gotten very used to them but the HP looks pretty nice as well

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Without looking at individual system specs for above models I'd go with HP over Lenovo because I've had much better luck with their warranty support.