Laptop Battery Life?

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
How many charges are most laptop batteries good for?

My battery life lasts like 5 minutes now even when it's 100% charged...

Oct 9, 1999
do a deep discharge and recharge..

if not time to replace..

in generally they say not to keep it constantly plugged in with teh battery in there... that is for the older laptops they would constantly charge.. not sure of the newer laptops.

I regularly discharge mine (once a few days) enough and then recharge it. I have the battery recondition feature in the bios. Takes about 24 hrs to go thru its cycles of charge and discharge.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: The_good_guy

if not time to replace..

in generally they say not to keep it constantly plugged in with teh battery in there... that is for the older laptops they would constantly charge.. not sure of the newer laptops.

I regularly discharge mine (once a few days) enough and then recharge it. I have the battery recondition feature in the bios. Takes about 24 hrs to go thru its cycles of charge and discharge.

I haven ever heard that before. I have a 6 month old laptop that has not been used on battery power only for more than 20 minutes since the day I got it. That's not good, huh?

Ok, will discahrge and recharge regularly

Thanks,
:)

phonemonkey

Feb 2, 2003
Originally posted by: The_good_guy

if not time to replace..

I don't think it would hurt the new batteries that are coming out (since they're Lithium Ion, and aren't supposed to have a memory). I run my laptop on batteries every few days (mainly cause I'm too cheap to spend $50 on a new power adapter), and haven't noticed any degradation in battery life - yet.