LAKERS FANS

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000

<< A true fan in california would root for the clippers :cool: >>

Warriors all the way! Lakers are lucky they aren't in the playoffs.

KevinH

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2000
There some Laker fans who put in there &quot;Laker rules&quot; and they're those who're legit. Read any of the Laker topics and you'll know who's who.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
I was always an orlando magic fan. Still was after shaq left. Of course, with penny gone too, I don't like anyone on the team anymore. So, its just fun watching the home team win.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
HELL NO!! I've been a Laker fan my whole life. My dad grew up in LA as a Laker fan, so he kind of passed it on to me. And now I'm a much more diehard fan than he is. I had Laker kids clothes! I remember this white Lakers starter jacket I had in Jr High (around 88), that I got chocolate milk all over at lunch. Damn I was pissed.

amdforlife

Banned
Apr 2, 2001
funk dat...of course i rooted for the bulls...i was 8. had no real dedication. but ive been a laker fan since shaq was a laker...and IVE ALWAYS LOVED THE WARRIORS!!!

amdforlife

Banned
Apr 2, 2001
actually that goes against your point totally. because i didnt become a laker fan BECAUSE shaq went to LA...i became a laker fan because I did. just usin shaq as a time-reference.

breakit23

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Im still a m@d diehard bullz fan but theres not much to root for or see they neva broadcast the games :( so I try to go for the home team Knicks. Otherwise I was looking for the Blazarz this year :(

SUOrangeman

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Been a Lakers fan for life. Why? Back in the early '80s, CBS used to air NBA games on Friday night a 1130PM ET. It gave me a reason to stay up late, even if I fell asleep in the opening minutes of the game. Hey, a 5-year-old's loyalty can be easily swayed. :p

I never cared much for the Bulls, but I could never find it in my heart to hate Jordan (or Barkley or any other star ... for what they did on the court). I pay no attention to off-court antics.

I'm just glad the glory days have returned.

-SUO

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000
I first started liking the lakers when I got interestedin professional basketball...this was the time when magic johnson was coach and when lakers were so awful that they would lose to the clippers. loyal fan all the way..and now the lakers are rewarding those loyal fans :)

KevinH

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2000
Course Hamburger, you also gotta realize, why would people start posting stuff about the Lakers UNTIL they start winning? Hell, I follow the Dodgers religiously and have season ticket to the Clippes (no sh1t dude, really I do since they're cheap as hell for the nosebleed seats and it's something to do after work sometimes). You don't exactly see me posting in threads about the Dodgers do you? I mean, why would you post about your team unless something good is going on? Should I start a thread that says &quot;Hey Dodgers are once again, fighting for mediocrity!&quot; just to prove I'm a fan?

KevinH

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2000
Btw Mwilding, if you think any Laker true blood is a former Celtic fan, you know nothing about Sports. Why don't you call a Skins fan a former Cowboys fan. Or a Giants fan a former Dodger fan. It's a slap in the face considering they're freaken rivals for the ages.

KevinH

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2000
Um, that's not illustrating your point dude. I think you're misinterpresting mine. What I'm saying is that a fan can yell, watch every game, go to the games, but he's not gonna rub it in the faces of the other teams, the way us Laker fans are doing unless they win. Makes them no less of a fan.

A fair weather fan is an entire breed altogether. You're confusing the two. A fair weather fan will not follow the team whatsoever, or barely, then jump on the bandwagon as if they were there all along.

KevinH

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2000
Of course, there's class #3, the maniac fan who'll talk sh1t even when they're teams down. So sue me

KevinH

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2000
Hehe, there's been a lot of squabbling on the boards lately about this subject (er other sports oriented boards).