LAKERS FANS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

prontospyder

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Nope....never rooted for the Bulls and never will. I was saddened to see half of the Forum/LA rooting for the Bulls during the 90's. Oh well, everything is well now. :)

The Lakers during the 80's were the ones who got me interested in sports.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
What difference does it make if someone posts about their team on the Anandtech forums anyway? Since when did posting threads about a sports team become the barometer of a true fan? When I really want to talk Lakers, I do so in a Laker forum anyway.

KevinH

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2000
tmriv - I concur wholeheartedly. But apparently, the fact that we speak about the Lakers here and we happen to do it now means we're jumping on the bandwagon.

monto

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
can't say i'm a fan, but Lakers have been fun to watch of late, so much so any Eastern conf games post-Vince have been a bore :frown:

tkim

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2000
kobe n shaq rule!! PJ is an awesome coach. i know someone is gunna start a fight with me.;)

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< Did you root for the Bulls in the 90's, as well??:) >>

Actually I was a huge Suns fan because I grew up in Arizona.

But now I live in LA, so its not surprising that I have started to become a Lakers fan. I am also a Clippers fan, but there isnt much cheering to be done for them just now... ;)

And I hated the Bulls more than any team in the league in the 90's. I am still bitter about '93... :|

Croton

Banned
Jan 18, 2000
i hated the bulls when they were the champs

i hated the celtis when bird was on .

i hate the damn jazz.

i hate the damn pacers.

I've followed the lakers since Showtime. I even rooted for them when Sedale Threatt was on the team. I was sad when EJ was traded (but glad because he didn't advance the team). I was glad to see Van Excel go.

I love Chick Hearns and Stu Lanz. They rule. Sure, Chick might be senile and say the wrong things, but they are the best commentators in the biz.

johneetrash

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
and then there are the laker fans that say they've been laker fans for a long time but have really only seen them a few times when they were actually good (80's) :p

ace31216

Golden Member
May 22, 2001
I will always be a Warrior fan. If they only kept Tim Hardaway, Chris Webber, original draft pick Vince Carter instead of Antwan Jamison and Don Nelson, it would be them in the Finals right now. Don't get me wrong, Jamison is good but i think Carter is better.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

<< Btw Mwilding, if you think any Laker true blood is a former Celtic fan, you know nothing about Sports. Why don't you call a Skins fan a former Cowboys fan. Or a Giants fan a former Dodger fan. It's a slap in the face considering they're freaken rivals for the ages. >>

Go look up sarcasm in the dictionary you idiot.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
I've been a fan since 91, when I was all of 8 or 9 years old. That means I liked 'em through the lean years as well.

tkim

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2000
lakers will always be , if not , the greatest team of all time. decade after decade they impress. they have a history of success.

arcain

Oct 9, 1999
I had 2 pairs of yellow/purple/white Converse sneakers in grade school. Looking back, they really weren't great colors for shoes, but I guess it wouldn't have really mattered to a 5th grader.

prontospyder

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
<<I've been a fan since 91, when I was all of 8 or 9 years old. That means I liked 'em through the lean years as well. >>

Yep....the 90's really tested our loyalty as Laker Fans. :)

351Cleveland

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
I inherited my &quot;Laker love&quot; from my dad. I don't watch it much anymore though... seems to me it is getting boring to watch.

vash

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Laker fan here since the glory days of back to back championships (have the sweat pants with the buttocks labeled that way to prove it). I was so dissappointed when they lost to the Pistons so many years ago in the sweep and again upset when they lost to the Bulls, but it was an aging team then against some better and younger players.

They have a good chance of winning now and my money is on the sweep. Phil Jackson is the man, he beat teamwork and confidence into the Lakers and help keep some good talent on the team. Kobe and Shaq are pretty much the 1-2 punch against any team in the NBA and the 76ers have no chance against that powerful punch. Sure, Iverson is good (definitely hall of famer), but Mutombo can't handle Shaq and no one will get Kobe.

vash

matmax

May 20, 2000
no i hate chicago, nothing against the bulls, just chicago. probably need to talk to someone about that. been a lakers fan sice the days of wilt the stilt and jerry west.