Lag in gaming, but fps and benchmarks are normal

NirHahs

Jan 1, 2014
this happened since 2 days ago, all game i've played were lag but the fps and benchmark are normal.
just now I made a test with sleeping dog, benchmark score is normally like before, but when i play the game it was lag, the screen like shivering.
however, when i turn on video record with fraps, it's smooth. this is weird. please help me

first, i tougt it was monitor problem. but i went to another monitor to test it, same problem.

Last edited:

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
i've turned off the v-sync in game setting. is there any setting related to v-synce in windows?
Not in Windows, unless you mean to force it on for all games, regardless of in game settings, in which case you can find it in your CCC or Nvidia control panel 3D settings. If your problem is within Windows, at the desktop, then it is likely a mouse issue, or the whole system is having serious issues.

paul878

Jul 31, 2010
this happened since 2 days ago, all game i've played were lag but the fps and benchmark are normal.
just now I made a test with sleeping dog, benchmark score is normally like before, but when i play the game it was lag, the screen like shivering.
however, when i turn on video record with fraps, it's smooth. this is weird sweat.gif please help me cry.gif

first, i tougt it was monitor problem. but i went to another monitor to test it, same problem.

I would help if you tell us what game you were playing, no-line or off-line.

NirHahs

Jan 1, 2014
Not in Windows, unless you mean to force it on for all games, regardless of in game settings, in which case you can find it in your CCC or Nvidia control panel 3D settings. If your problem is within Windows, at the desktop, then it is likely a mouse issue, or the whole system is having serious issues.
how come it's related with the mouse?
I would help if you tell us what game you were playing, no-line or off-line.
sorry my information wasnt enough. Sleeping dog, Fifa 14, Dota 2 (tried both off9 and on9)

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
how come it's related with the mouse?

Because if FPS are high, and V-sync isn't enabled to cause latency, there are only so many possibilities for latency. It is either input latency, which the mouse is the key element, or perhaps a huge number of buffers. The number of buffers is not even an option in the newer versions of Nvidia Control panel and doesn't exist in AMD's.

Some games have poor latency built into the engine, but if this is new, or a problem in all games, it isn't likely a game or buffer issue. It's most likely your mouse software or mouse quality.

NirHahs

Jan 1, 2014
Because if FPS are high, and V-sync isn't enabled to cause latency, there are only so many possibilities for latency. It is either input latency, which the mouse is the key element, or perhaps a huge number of buffers. The number of buffers is not even an option in the newer versions of Nvidia Control panel and doesn't exist in AMD's.

Some games have poor latency built into the engine, but if this is new, or a problem in all games, it isn't likely a game or buffer issue. It's most likely your mouse software or mouse quality.

im currently using razer deathadder 2013, and just now i tested with my cousin's SS Kana. the problem still exist

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
im currently using razer deathadder 2013, and just now i tested with my cousin's SS Kana. the problem still exist
Has anything happened to your monitor recently? A bad cable can cause laggy behavior, or the monitor itself. You wouldn't happen to be using a TV as a monitor?

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
Nvidia doesn't have that option, though we don't know what he has, but there is a "maximum pre-rendered frames" which could cause issues as well.

NirHahs

Jan 1, 2014
Nvidia doesn't have that option, though we don't know what he has, but there is a "maximum pre-rendered frames" which could cause issues as well.
is that setting in nvidia control panel?
What did you change on your machine recently before this happened?
nothing, i just keep download things. i dont know if i just downloaded virus and messup my registry or something. but ive made scanned with malwarebytes and all threats were deleted.
What about output latency. IE, have you changed any settings on your monitor lately?
output latency? i dont think so, but i had reset my monitor setting

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
how to check? im only using 1 sata for HDD, no DVD drive.

Swap it with a different SATA cable instead and see if that helps. I once had a faulty SATA cable that strangled my SSD so that it would stutter badly in programs including games.

zebrax2

Nov 18, 2007
Have you tried reinstalling your video driver?

I would also advice scanning with an anti-virus software

NirHahs

Jan 1, 2014
Swap it with a different SATA cable instead and see if that helps. I once had a faulty SATA cable that strangled my SSD so that it would stutter badly in programs including games.

let me try this later, i dont have any SATA cable right now. All of them went to blackhole. i'll buy later and post the result here