LaCrosse Battery Charger $23 plus FS w/ $2 more

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
Excellent charger, does refresh (cycles discharge/charge), 4 channel so each battery is controlled individually. Add something, like a pack of the Eneloop rechargeable batteries and this price is around $10 cheaper than any other shipped price I've seen. Display shows the actual MaHr capacity after a refresh cycle, so you can weed out weak batteries and match up pairs with like capacity.

Con, like all the smart chargers I have tried, really weak batteries are not detected or charged, but stick them in an old "dumb" charger for a few minutes and unless they are toast, that usually revives them enough to put in the smart charger.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Nice. If I'd seen this I probably would have picked that charger up, but I got this set a few weeks ago:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Seems to be a really good value with 8 AA and 4 AAA Eneloop's included. I fully charged and used two AA's when I received it nearly 2 weeks ago, and they still aren't even "low" in my 360 controller with using it every day, for several hours (games, movies, etc).

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Nice. If I'd seen this I probably would have picked that charger up, but I got this set a few weeks ago:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Seems to be a really good value with 8 AA and 4 AAA Eneloop's included. I fully charged and used two AA's when I received it nearly 2 weeks ago, and they still aren't even "low" in my 360 controller with using it every day, for several hours (games, movies, etc).

That included charger is terrible... So you still should get the one in this thread ;)

richierich1212

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2002
thanks PoP, in for a backorder (says ships in October?). Sold my only battery charger to a coworker waiting for the price to drop on this exact charger.

Last edited:

AMD K9

Jan 13, 2005
Isn't this the lesser known little brother to the BC-900 which was the original Lacrosse charger? I just had my BC-900 melt when the display froze and cooked 4 batteries. This was a common problem and up until that point I was pleased with my BC-900 v.32. I haven't read of issues with the BC-700 though.

Nunya

Sep 19, 2001
From what I've read the 700 is a newer model than the 900. I have one and it's been fantastic, well worth what I paid which I believe was more than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.