LA Noire coming to the PC this fall

eadInc

Mar 31, 2009
I'm miffed that I bought it on PS3 now.

I literally just bought it Saturday for the 360... damn it. Have they said anything with the DLCs? Just wondering since Dead Space 2 got the shaft with that.

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
It's so annoying they haven't given us Red Dead Redemption yet. I guess it's just not going to happen...

GTAIV has been patched, it runs beautifully on PC now.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
i can't play the game. Until wife comes back, she would love it too much I can't bear to not let her enjoy it with me.

It's probably one of the only games I'm actually OK with exploring everything in every corner

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
Huh, I'll probably end up getting this. I wonder why they're making a PC version of LA Noire but still haven't announced a PC version of Red Dead Redemption.

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
kermitarms.gif

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
I'll buy it just to support the technology. L.A. Noire had to film the actors heads separately from their bodies, but the next game planned they intend to combine the two into one system. That's when Hollywood starts getting serious interested when a director can get behind a camera and make it all happen as quickly and cheaply as possible. Some films might be years in the making, but the actual filming itself is expensive and might be rushed to completion in just a few weeks.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
this is good. hopefully it is on sale by X-Mas.

I think I'd rather Red Dead Redemption on my PS3, though, because it seems like a game built for a big TV.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Hopefully it's a better port than GTAIV.

I sincerely hope rockstar remembers it's 1 star amazon rating of GTA IV PC edition

it was a LEGIT 1 star, on what should have been a 5 or 4 1/2 star product, absolutely mind blowing

EDIT: It's still at 2 stars even long after patches, etc.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I sincerely hope rockstar remembers it's 1 star amazon rating of GTA IV PC edition

it was a LEGIT 1 star, on what should have been a 5 or 4 1/2 star product, absolutely mind blowing

EDIT: It's still at 2 stars even long after patches, etc.

How do you figure it was legit? I have a lowly dual core and on launch it was perfectly playable for me. It didn't run anywhere near as poorly as many people who claimed "you need a i7 with 16 gigs of memory and a 2GB video card!!!" I put probably 100 hours into it and it didn't crash on me once. On the flip side Fallout 3 crashed for me probably 10 times the 1st day I installed it.

the hate for GTV:IV's mind blowing, I almost feel like a lot of the people who rated it 1 star did so because of what they read others saying about it. I saw people saying it playing like a slideshow on their fairly decent PC. If it really was "totally unplayable" on a dual core my friends and I who bought it really all lucked out. I wish Amazon only let people who bought the item from them review it, no way in hell is it even close to as bad as the reviews on there make it out to be.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
i dont know, when gta4 came out i had an e5200, 2gb ram and a 8800gt variant. as did a lot of people. and it was not enough to enjoy gta4, you had to turn the settings down so low that it looked like ps1 shit.

fast forward to when i got my i3, and it was night and day difference. an i3 o/c to 3.5 absolutely crushes the e5200 at 3.7ghz, thats for sure. hyperthreading works i guess.

i still have that i3, and a 4870. i play whatever i want, its plenty capable to run any game at 1080p or less.

and yes, gta4 is awesome! i just got the expansion pack for it too, im really liking lost and damned. havent played it much because its a game you need to devote time to and... yea no time.

so while there were flaws with gta4 at launch, its still a hungry game that most people werent equipped to run at the time.