l4d1/l4d2 deal (dead) | Now Killing Floor (KF) @ $10 or KF + 3 char packs @ $13

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
well i guess the zoey nude patch does work for l4d1....

lol 7 dollars well spent...:D:(

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
anyone play late night on PCT? I'd be down. I tend to suck at these games though, so prepare for a lot of friendly fire!

:awe:

btw, zinfamous on steam

don't think I've ever been to the friends/contacts menu, window thingy there. :hmm:

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
So do people not play L4D2 or something? I've played quite a bit recently, but nobody else ever seems to be on. :hmm: Been having quite a bit of fun with the game actually.

KT

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I haven't really played these since installing last week. :\ FPS really doesn't hold my attention. Plus, I've been playing Elemental a bit too much since last week. Tons of fun with that, I don't care what you haters say!

Anyway, maybe I'll jump on late night tonight see if anyone is around. It could be fun co-op, I suppose.

I still haven't set up any of the community stuff on my steam account (which I've had for ~6 years now, lol)

I'm pretty sure my name is zinfamous on there. that's what it says at the top of the browser, anyway. :hmm:

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I exclusively play Versus since I love playing as the infected.

There is really no point in playing L4D if you have L4D2, unless you are doing the campaign. L4D2 is a slightly improved version of the first game from what I can tell. Seems to fix some of the minor issues with the first game, plus adds some new stuff; if you go back and play the first game it will probably just feel like a marginalized version of L4D2.

KT

sash1

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
So do people not play L4D2 or something?

i play lots! pretty sure i added you on steam.

anyway, if anyone's gonna be on tonight and wants to help me with some dark carnival achievements it would be much appreciated :awe:

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
So do people not play L4D2 or something? I've played quite a bit recently, but nobody else ever seems to be on. :hmm: Been having quite a bit of fun with the game actually.

KT

oh i noticed you go to bed too early to play with or something lol.

or its the time zone.

i don't play versus though

addons haven't been as popular since the sacrifice update seemed to break something with official server supporto

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Heh, must be the time zone thing. I played for an hour or two last night.

What is another good mode to try aside from versus?

KT

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Heh, must be the time zone thing. I played for an hour or two last night.

What is another good mode to try aside from versus?

KT

Versus realism...? Survivor gets boring after a while, campaign is a nice diversion every now and then, but it's mainly versus for me.

I'm on once or twice a week, but I'm starting to get bored and sick. Really nothing else to play except from versus "No Mercy" and the mall level; the other 3 campaigns in L4D2 don't play well in versus and aren't as popular.

Also, there are quite a few pricks in L4D1 and 2 that just won't shut up. A bunch of know it all, "pros" that keep yelling into their mics bitching and bitching if you don't do exactly what they have in mind. It was hillarious when I played drunk this past week and got kicked:).