KY GOV Bevin pardons 2 convicted killers on way out

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Why bother with the propaganda?
You realize that Cheezwiz was parodying Bevins' propaganda almost word for word, right?
But I guess it's okay to you when a Republican politician uses fearmongering propaganda to apologize for his blatant corruption, but not when a liberal dares call that out, right?

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
That governor needs to be held criminally liable for all acts any of the pardon committed. And that guy authorizing expunging criminal records needs to be fired.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
IMO, this is as bad a pardoning the killers.

I was going to ask you more about that because he stated a reasoning that would require evaluation of the evidence. Unfortunately, when called upon defending it he cited inaccurate medical information about the likelihood of physical evidence following sexual assault, and that inaccuracy essentially is the sole reason for his pardon. That is simply inexcusable. If a governor or President is going to issue a pardon, they have a duty to ensure their inclinations mesh with reality.

As to pay for play regarding pardons, I would suggest that it be a requirement that anyone issuing a pardon refund any contributions made to them / their campaign in vying for the pardon. Now, such a thing would be impossible to define and enforce as a matter of law. I am more proposing a moral standard. We should not entertain any reasoning at all for why such a pardon may be justified when such an egregious conflict exists.

Reactions: iRONic