Kwame Kilpatrick charged with perjury.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
The Wayne County Prosecuter just announced multiple felony charges against Kwame. Text

Couldn't happen to a nicer race baiting scumbag liar. Kwame go, just go.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Fill me in: Why were these peoples Private Affairs a matter for the Courts?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: sandorski

I havent been following this situation that closely. But I believe he was using public funds to purchase vehicles, lavish vacations for him and the mistress, and that cell phone was most likely public property as well.

The guy sounds like dirt is the bottom line. But apparently the people of Detroit are happy with electing dirt to lead them.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

Because the mayor and the city manager ruined the careers of 2 good police officers for investigating complaints about the mayor, his security team, and a murder. They had these cops fired because through the course of their investigation they might have discovered the affair the mayor was having with the city manager. The Mayor's affair cost the city of Detroit taxpayers over 9 million dollars in settlement to the fired police officers who sued and won a judgement against the city for violating the whistleblowers act.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
The more this guy stands up for himself the more ridiculous he looks. He was caught redhanded, has lied and continues to lie repeatedly about this whole affair.

D

Deleted member 4644

If he had told the truth about cheating when he was first caught, NONE of this would have happened to him. Lesson learned I guess.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Corn

Because the mayor and the city manager ruined the careers of 2 good police officers for investigating complaints about the mayor, his security team, and a murder. They had these cops fired because through the course of their investigation they might have discovered the affair the mayor was having with the city manager. The Mayor's affair cost the city of Detroit taxpayers over 9 million dollars in settlement to the fired police officers who sued and won a judgement against the city for violating the whistleblowers act.

Ugh, ok.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Deleted member 4644
If he had told the truth about cheating when he was first caught, NONE of this would have happened to him. Lesson learned I guess.

He didn't even need to do that. All he needed to do was to not have the city foot the bills for his romantic getaways.......err, I mean business trips with the city manager........or maybe all he needed to do was to just not fire people for doing their jobs.

GRIFFIN1

Golden Member
Nov 10, 1999
Convicted --> Pardoned --> Reelected

That's the way it works down here in Louisiana.

RedChief

Dec 20, 2004
What party does he belong to? From the headline stories, you can't tell. But if you apply the simple media rule of 'Republican = Mention party early and often; Democrat = never mention the party' we are lead to believe he is a Democrat.

It should come to no surprise that Kilpatrick is a Democrat...

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Man, how many examples do people have to see before they start paying attention? It's not the initial "infraction" or issue that causes you to end up in jail. It usually starts with something that by itself would rarely care jail time. Then the idiot usually lies about it under oath or to a federal investigator, and bingo, a year later said idiot is facing the potential of jail time in a federal prison. Martha. Barry. Roger. Kwame etc etc.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Deleted member 4644

Well, not this specifically, but the shit he lied about makes this pale in comparison. Either way, he's fucked.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
I have not really been following this all that closely but was fortunate enough to see the announcement by Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy. The speech she gave in announcing the indictments was very impressive.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Corn
The Wayne County Prosecuter just announced multiple felony charges against Kwame. Text

Couldn't happen to a nicer race baiting scumbag liar. Kwame go, just go.

About fucking time. This asshole isn't going to go down without a long, costly fight though. I hope in addition to the well deserved jail time, he has to pay back every penny he stole from the taxpayers of Detroit.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: Mursilis
But it was lying about sex! That's OK!

Since when? :confused:

Since Clinton and Lewinsky

He is a scum bag and tries to play off any accusations as racially charged. He used the words 'lynch mob mentality' to describe the responses to the charges

On a side note I can't decided if the people of detroit deserve what they got since they did re-elect him :roll: