Kwame found guilty on nearly all counts!

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I hope he enjoys Federal Prison, this trial has been going on for a LONG time now!

I was still a "kid" when he was Mayor and by that time I was already living in the suburbs with my mom and sister, but I do remember his campaign and how much everyone believed he was going to do right by the city. Then, that thing happened at the Mayor's Mansion and one of the dancers ended up getting killed before she could testify or something.

Real messy.

Anyway, here is the source:

GUILTY!

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Just more proof most politicians are out for themselves, regardless of party affiliation.

Sep 7, 2009
I hope he enjoys Federal Prison, this trial has been going on for a LONG time now!

I was still a "kid" when he was Mayor and by that time I was already living in the suburbs with my mom and sister, but I do remember his campaign and how much everyone believed he was going to do right by the city. Then, that thing happened at the Mayor's Mansion and one of the dancers ended up getting killed before she could testify or something.

Real messy.

GUILTY!

Very common when you allow yourself to align with people based on faith/color/gender/etc.

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Among other accusations from the case, federal prosecutors have said that Kilpatrick operated a fund for the needy called the Kilpatrick Civic Fund, with the aim of helping Detroiters in need. Instead, they said, the former mayor used the money for yoga classes, golf clubs and vacations.

KK never really struck me as a 'yoga' guy :p

NoCreativity

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2008
What I can't believe is the amount of support this criminal still has. I'd bet he would still have a shot at being elected mayor if he ran.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
What I can't believe is the amount of support this criminal still has. I'd bet he would still have a shot at being elected mayor if he ran.

He served two terms. So, there you go. People didn't believe the dude was corrupt at the end of his first term. They heard about him possibly cheating on his wife...but nobody knew how much he was stealing until his second term.

Sep 7, 2009
Or God forbid...values.

:rolleyes:

Yeah.... Right...... No emoticon is enough for the rolling of eyes I'm doing at you right now.

Kwame was a thug from the get go.

Hell, from his pin stripe suits to the city-funded luxury SUV for the family it was obvious to everyone except his constituents that he was more interested in the gangster lifestyle than doing anything at all to help the city itself.

Don't even act like Kwame ever had values, he was corrupt right from the start. You got exactly what you voted for.

Sep 7, 2009
He served two terms. So, there you go. People didn't believe the dude was corrupt at the end of his first term. They heard about him possibly cheating on his wife...but nobody knew how much he was stealing until his second term.

You absolutely could not be more wrong... Off the top of my head I know about the SUV thing along with the water contract scandal. I believe the police motorcycle thing happened first term as well. The guy was a blatantly obvious no good thug.

His entire campaign... "I'm one of you!" and every single thing he spoke was ONLY to align voters based on one black and white detail. That's it.

Again, you got exactly what you voted for.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

People tend to ignore corruption in a politician if they think he will deliver what they want. Most people in office now are proof of that.

Sep 7, 2009
Funny. I explicitly stated that 1) I did not live in Detroit at that time and 2) I was too young to vote.

Here you go, poop slinging again. :rolleyes:

You just got done with your memorandum about your remember his campaign and all that he was supposed to do, then went on to talk about how it's ok because he was a cherub during his first campaign.

So when I say "you", I mean it more as a generalized statement.

He picked a particular type of campaigning that focus purely on faith/color/gender. Politicians that do that crap appeal to certain groups of people, and when you all vote him in you get what you deserve.

Don't blame the messenger just because you don't like the truth.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I never said anything was "OK".

And exactly what "Truth" are you exposing me to? I didn't vote for Kwame and I don't live in Detroit.

What is your problem?

Sep 7, 2009
I never said anything was "OK".

And exactly what "Truth" are you exposing me to? I didn't vote for Kwame and I don't live in Detroit.

What is your problem?

Yes, you did.

One member posted that they couldn't believe he served two terms, you followed up explaining he was crystal clean his first term.... Which is absolutely false.

He was elected to a second term based purely on an emotional campaign to cater towards a certain group of people. Said group of people voted him in only due to 1 very "black and white" characteristic, and now they get what they deserve for doing so.

"My problem" is that even after he and his cronies are found guilty of 45 out of 50 felony indictments you are still trying to make excuses for the people who knowingly voted him in.

You come in here talking about how kilpatrick had "values", and trying to justify the tremendous amount of support (rofl) from his first term based on that.... When in reality the guy was an out and out thug by ANY definition, and deserved NO support, and these problems actually started back when he a was a state rep.

You should be shunning your community for voting him black in. Everyone else saw this coming from a mile away.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I'd bet he would still have a shot at being elected mayor if he ran.

How many times can someone be Mayor?

I commented that he got two terms, perhaps this poster did not know that. And I did not say he was "crystal clear". Jesus.

I have not attempted to justify anything. Once again, you are trying to start some crap. If I really was on Kwame's team...why would I take time out of my day to make a thread here about how the dude just got found guilty on 24 counts of being a dirtbag?

I didn't even vote for the fucking guy. This dude was before my time. I turned 18 in 2008, I couldn't have voted for him, I couldn't have been affected by his campaigning. I lived 30 minutes away from Detroit, I was focused on College applications and going to Prom...with all due respect,fuck off!

Anyway, I'm off to class. You enjoy the rest of your grumpy day.

Last edited:

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
You absolutely could not be more wrong... Off the top of my head I know about the SUV thing along with the water contract scandal. I believe the police motorcycle thing happened first term as well. The guy was a blatantly obvious no good thug.

His entire campaign... "I'm one of you!" and every single thing he spoke was ONLY to align voters based on one black and white detail. That's it.

Again, you got exactly what you voted for.

Oh no, you didn't.

Now you will label as racist and morons will put words in your mouth and say you just said "all blacks are thugs" even you never said such thing. :D

Sep 7, 2009
How many times can someone be Mayor?

I commented that he got two terms, perhaps this poster did not know that. And I did not say he was "crystal clear". Jesus.

I have not attempted to justify anything. Once again, you are trying to start some crap. If I really was on Kwame's team...why would I take time out of my day to make a thread here about how the dude just got found guilty on 24 counts of being a dirtbag?

I didn't even vote for the fucking guy. This dude was before my time. I turned 18 in 2008, I couldn't have voted for him, I couldn't have been affected by his campaigning. I lived 30 minutes away from Detroit, I was focused on College applications and going to Prom...with all due respect,fuck off!

Anyway, I'm off to class. You enjoy the rest of your grumpy day.

Sigh, you had another tasha tantrum and attacked the wrong person.

Thanks, you have a good one as well.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

Real messy.

GUILTY!

About time. This fucker and his thugs ran the city like the mob. I hope he goes away for a long, long time. Smug piece of shit.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Sigh, you had another tasha tantrum and attacked the wrong person.

Thanks, you have a good one as well.

No idiot. I re-posted his comment to show exactly what I was responding to and the post was CLEARLY directed towards you. Since you are so keen on accusing me of saying things I did not say. I re-quoted him to show what I responded to. Its obvious you didn't see it because you claimed I responded to his comment saying something else.

About time. This fucker and his thugs ran the city like the mob. I hope he goes away for a long, long time. Smug piece of shit.

I caught him a couple of times exchanging smiles and laughs with that Ferguson guy. He's so arrogant. I bet he thought he wouldn't go down.

Last edited: