KVM - Input Director issue after changing ISP

mistahjoe

Jun 27, 2019
Hi all, first, my apologies for posting this here, but I think these are the right folks to help me with my issue. This'll probably be pretty small potatoes to you guys, but its a huge help to me. I can reward the right answer with beer, guitar lessons, whatever. :)

I just changed from Comcast to FiOS and I was running Input Director on my home desktop and work laptop seamlessly. Now switching to FiOS, my desktop cannot find the slave system (the laptop).

Some things I've checked that might help in troubleshooting:

- Enabled WPA2/WPA mixed mode on the router
- Confirmed connected to same network on both Desktop and Laptop
- ONLY difference, Laptop uses WiFi but Desktop is directly into the modem; this is DIFFERENT than my old Comcast setup. My desktop connected to a LANsocket powerline adapter (modem was upstairs)
- Ensured both computers listed the FiOS network as "private" and turned network sharing on for both systems
- Tried pinging the system from the other system and it can't find either, which leads me to believe that there is something restricting these systems from speaking to each other over the network. Based on the above I thought I would have nailed it, but it would appear not.

Any help is appreciated!