Kucinich seeks NH Dem vote recount

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Good for Kucinich. He knows this isn't a problem for him, but its a problem for the country. And he has the integrity to do something about it.

Jinru

Feb 6, 2006
Albert Howard is backing the recount on the Republican side, I heard hes flying to NH tonight. GrannyWarriors for Ron Paul is holding a ChipIn to fund the recount.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
While it takes more than "credible rumors" to make the case, there are some serious doubts raised here and if it can be proved the Diebold is being used to manipulate the vote, this democracy will be shaken to its core.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Lemon law
While it takes more than "credible rumors" to make the case, there are some serious doubts raised here and if it can be proved the Diebold is being used to manipulate the vote, this democracy will be shaken to its core.

No it won't. Americas is comatose and doesn't give a rat's ass.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: bamacre
Good for Kucinich. He knows this isn't a problem for him, but its a problem for the country. And he has the integrity to do something about it.

Hells yes.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Wow. It only costs two thousand dollars to get the recount.
Even Kucinich can come up with that.
Fortunately New Hampshire is not one of the Republican planned paperless ballot, no paper trail states, so there is a paper ballot that can be checked against every computer tally.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: techs
Fortunately New Hampshire is not one of the Republican planned paperless ballot, no paper trail states, so there is a paper ballot that can be checked against every computer tally.

"Candidates who lose by 3 percentage or less are entitled to a recount for a $2,000 fee. Candidates who lose by more must pay for the full cost. Kucinich's campaign said it was sending the $2,000 fee to start the recount."

Confused. Did Kucinich lose by 3 percentage points? IIRC he got less than 1% and Hillary got 39%.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: sirjonk

"Candidates who lose by 3 percentage or less are entitled to a recount for a $2,000 fee. Candidates who lose by more must pay for the full cost. Kucinich's campaign said it was sending the $2,000 fee to start the recount."

Confused. Did Kucinich lose by 3 percentage points? IIRC he got less than 1% and Hillary got 39%.

Maybe he misinterpreted it as less than 3% of total votes instead of the difference between you and your opponent ;)

Cooler

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2005
It is a very nice gesture on his part where he has nothing really to gain from the recount.
I wish more candidates were more worried about how votes are counted and potential abuse of the system.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: sirjonk

will NH take paypal???

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: Lemon law

No it won't. Americas is comatose and doesn't give a rat's ass.

what are you saying..we would raise our fists in anger.....and then we would go to work all day and be too tired to formulate a solution to such a difficult problem that has plagued mankind for its entire history

I guess you could say i am one of those comatose americans, its sort of difficult to fight against a shadow enemy that can obscure the truth to a majority of people and create reality through false consensus etc

we have the bill clinton version, ..who will argue down to the definition of IS but then we have the bush version which is.....we are intrinsically correct and those who don't agree are just trying to harm the country...or we are just too damn stupid to recognize that we have to dominate the entire planet or we will all suffer mass anal raping etc

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: flavio
Any word on the count. I haven't seen anything.
I live on the border and there has been nothing about it. I did hear it takes about two weeks.