Kristin Smart case has new development

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

If you wanna make this political, once again a long lost white girl gets more attention than black Americans alive today living in poverty and getting beat up by police.

Non-political: its amazing how many cases like this I hear about and then forget because they all seem alike after a while and I just can't keep them straight in my head. Usually if theres a documentary or TV movie then it sticks in my head a while longer.
There was a shitty movie about that blonde girl who went missing in the islands and allegedly the local police did a shit job investigating. I already forgot her name and most of the details.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

If you wanna make this political, once again a long lost white girl gets more attention than black Americans alive today living in poverty and getting beat up by police.

Non-political: its amazing how many cases like this I hear about and then forget because they all seem alike after a while and I just can't keep them straight in my head. Usually if theres a documentary or TV movie then it sticks in my head a while longer.
There was a shitty movie about that blonde girl who went missing in the islands and allegedly the local police did a shit job investigating. I already forgot her name and most of the details.

Smith is the classic example of the Nancy Grace strategy... that is, the obsession with finding missing pretty white girls at the expense of virtually everyone else.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for leads that might bring closure, but the black kid, the native kid, the trans kid, they all deserve equally strong investigations.

Reactions: Amused